GDT- Utica Comets @ Rochester Americans - 7:05 AHLTV

inkman

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I didn’t want to assume he let in 3 softies which is why I asked. Looking at the numbers by themselves would indicate he isn’t playing well but I was hoping someone who is watching could provide some context.

The 3rd goal was banked in off of him from behind the net. He’s still awful. 

15 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I didn’t want to assume he let in 3 softies which is why I asked. Looking at the numbers by themselves would indicate he isn’t playing well but I was hoping someone who is watching could provide some context.

A standout three-game stretch in which goalie Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen registered a 1.68 goals-against average, a .957 save percentage and his first AHL shutout has earned him the league’s Player of the Week honors for the period ending Nov. 14.

Luukkonen, the Buffalo Sabres’ top goalie prospect, stopped 112 of 117 shots with the Rochester Americans last week, including 32 in Saturday’s 4-0 home win over the Cleveland Monsters.

On Wednesday, Luukkonen made 41 saves in a 5-1 road win over the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. The Finn made 39 saves in Friday’s 4-3 home loss to Cleveland.

5 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

What a drag of a game, Amerks put great amounts of pressure but couldn't get enough to go in. UPL played ok but let in an embarrassingly bad goal which ended up the GWG for Utica.

That’s what he does. I’ve watched it for 3 years. He’s always letting in some soft goal that absolutely kills the team. It feels like every game. 

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of NS said:

Seeing the 119 fans in attendance makes you wonder if maybe they could do more to draw fans into games on a school/work night. 

Like maybe not asking $25 for a ticket for a minor league hockey game on a Wednesday. 

Went Friday and was a little surprised at new pricing. Was $46 for two in the cheap seats. Feels like it used to be $30ish. Arena 1/5 full at best. Love me some ROC hockey but yikes. Tough sell.

18 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Well he looked bad Friday. Panic whenever the puck is in tight.  Didn't see Sat's game but player of the week was not expected. I guess 3 starts and shutout moves the needle there.

17 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

That’s what he does. I’ve watched it for 3 years. He’s always letting in some soft goal that absolutely kills the team. It feels like every game. 

This being said, you have to be better than 2 goals on home ice. They had 4 power plays in the first period. You have Quinn, Krebs, Peterka, Jankowski. That’s just not good enough. 

39 minutes ago, The Ghost of NS said:

Seeing the 119 fans in attendance makes you wonder if maybe they could do more to draw fans into games on a school/work night. 

Like maybe not asking $25 for a ticket for a minor league hockey game on a Wednesday. 

$10 w a free soft drink

22 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Went Friday and was a little surprised at new pricing. Was $46 for two in the cheap seats. Feels like it used to be $30ish. Arena 1/5 full at best. Love me some ROC hockey but yikes. Tough sell.

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. 

Would they rather have 1000 or less people @ $25 a ticket, or 5,000 people @ $5 a ticket (same gate take but more in concessions). 

I think the team could do much better with people in place with a vision to promote the Amerks. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of NS said:

Would they rather have 1000 or less people @ $25 a ticket, or 5,000 people @ $5 a ticket (same gate take but more in concessions). 

I think the team could do much better with people in place with a vision to promote the Amerks. 

The Pegulas run everything afar from Buffalo as far as pricing, and from what I’ve heard they don’t provide much of a budget for marketing and promoting the team. 

Most importantly, the Amerks haven’t won in forever. Winning brings in new fans and keeps them. 

Edited by Amerks8796

I know it's super silly, but giving up only 12 shots all game is... too few? We constantly see a goalie not face a SOG for like 10 minutes and then the first one they face is a goal. No excuse for 3 goals against... but I can see a bad one sneaking past when you're not in any flow of the game whatsoever as a goalie.

Still would've been nice to take them off the list of unbeatens when you outshoot them 2:1.

13 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

The Pegulas run everything afar from Buffalo as far as pricing, and from what I’ve heard they don’t provide much of a budget for marketing and promoting the team. 

Most importantly, the Amerks haven’t won in forever. Winning brings in new fans and keeps them. 

The Amerks have been a playoff team like 4 years straight. They win most games and have had prospects to watch. 

Whoever is in charge doesn’t know how to market the team properly. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, The Ghost of NS said:

For the home opener, I paid $34 X 3 for lower bowl blue line on game day. And that was at the window, so no ticketmonster fees. I was very surprised at how expensive it was. I guess a mini pack might have made sense, but I have to imagine $104 for three tickets alone cools interest in a casual fan attending.

It is a savings versus attending Key Bank Center, but most Rochester fans don’t care about that.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, The Ghost of NS said:

The Amerks have been a playoff team like 4 years straight. They win most games and have had prospects to watch. 

Whoever is in charge doesn’t know how to market the team properly. 

The Amerks haven’t won a playoff series in 16 years. 16!! What you described is not winning. It’s nothing. It produces no excitement, generates no new fans, and has rendered a once powerhouse franchise mostly irrelevant. 

Edited by Amerks8796
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

The Amerks haven’t won a playoff series in 16 years. 16!! What you described is not winning. It’s nothing. It produces no excitement, generates no new fans, and has rendered a once powerhouse franchise mostly irrelevant. 

Sounds kind of like the parent club. Coincidence ?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Steely Dan were great. They opened by doing the entire Aja album, my favorite. Donald can't quite hit those high notes anymore but as a band they were as tight as ever.

Don't you mean Fagan?

Minus Becker, it's a solo act playing his old band's stuff plus a little Nightfly & Kamakiriaid.

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

And BTW, both are excellent albums.  Listening to the 2nd right now.

BTW and old photographer friend of mine Pete Fogel, was the booking agent at The Bitter End in SoHo and Steely Dan's photographer... he occasionally posts old shots of the group on facebook... cool stuff love the music

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

Don't you mean Fagan?

Minus Becker, it's a solo act playing his old band's stuff plus a little Nightfly & Kamakiriaid.

I’m way more pedantic than average, but you just gonna need to let this go.  To repeatedly bring this up is beyond petty.

What is Fagan supposed to do, market the concerts as “Donald Fagan covering Steely Dan”?  I find your complaints illogical.

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

The 1st goal wasn't as bad but was also weak. 

The team deserved better, but the Sabres were right in who they called up, bad as he is.

They were, but the Sabres were also wrong in how they handled Dell. People are shredding him for how he played, and he was bad, but he’s barely played in Rochester. 3 games I think. And then you call him up and expect to play well against a team with all that talent? If Dell is you 3rd goalie, he should be playing more often in Rochester. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.