GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Buffalo Sabres, 11/13/21 —7 pm MSG and WGR

bob_sauve28

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

From what I’ve seen we are playing better than them, but still not good enough.  

I guess Dell gave up a hoal 9n the first shot?  Shots were 5-1 Sabres and we were down a goal. 

Yeah and it was a comedy of errors.  Leafs shooter fans on the puck as Hagg is sprawled across the crease; Hagg doesn't want to freeze the puck in the crease so he lifts his torso up, the puck slowly slides under him, Dell sees Hagg down and the puck go under him, assumes it's been blocked, let his guard down and it goes five hole at about 5 mph.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There's some of that. But I think the border is still the issue. A lot of fans came from Fort Erie, Niagara Falls and St Catherine's. The testing requirement adds a hundred dollars or more to a trip to Buffalo.

Then the last part is what @PASabreFancalled the "Chet & Muffy" contingent. The people who come more for a night out then a hockey game. All they heard was the team is bad now.

Of course there are advantages to small crowds. Lots of room, no lines, and you also get more real hockey fans. It's nice hearing a cheer on TV from people who understand what they are seeing 

True… but I think if we were a 100 point team last year the barn would be pretty full. 

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

OK -- my darthexercise is complete and I'm intermisshowered and ready. Now, to find a bevy and undo that workout! 13-5 in shots, highlights are looking good except the disappearing puck goal trick courtesy of Hagg.

that business doesn't....doesn't count

• Thanks (+1) 1

I'll log off the board for the rest of the game.  I apologize for allowing myself get a bit upset.  I will say after a long period of doom and gloom of this team I feel that these kids and some old JAGs deserve a little bit of respect for playing with more effort and heart than I have seem in years.  I might not be the expert in hockey as some may be but it was a pretty good 1st period for my Sabres.

One Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

I'll log off the board for the rest of the game.  I apologize for allowing myself get a bit upset.  I will say after a long period of doom and gloom of this team I feel that these kids and some old JAGs deserve a little bit of respect for playing with more effort and heart than I have seem in years.  I might not be the expert in hockey as some may be but it was a pretty good 1st period for my Sabres.

One Buffalo.

It was good 1st period. You’re right. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

One Buffalo.

They are going to lose more games than they win, but they are much more enjoyable to watch 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.