GDT: Oilers vs Sabres Nov. 12, 2021, 7pm, ESPN+ only, WGR

PromoTheRobot

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

… oh, and with the border open and  Edmonton and Toronto playing this weekend, we will have more fans in the stands for sure.  They might give it feel of a road game though. 

I think there are still issues with the border.

I could be wrong but I think we (Canadians) need a rapid test (COVID-19) before being allowed to return. This test costs over $100 so it makes it expensive for a day trip.

This may have changed but was the rule a week ago.

3 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I could be wrong but I think we (Canadians) need a rapid test (COVID-19) before being allowed to return. This test costs over $100 so it makes it expensive for a day trip.

That is still the case, but some US boarder towns are doing it for free to encourage people to come.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Can’t watch, so good thing Dunleavy is great at play by play, I won’t miss a thing! 

It finally dawned me that the only explanation for Dan Dunleavy as voice of the Sabres is that the organization decided, perhaps going back to the start of the Pegula Era, that it would never again let its voice be so integral. You want to know what's happening? You want to be excited? Buy a ticket. It also calculated, IMHO, that not having a Rick would not hurt broadcast ratings.

Well at least we get their back up back up goalie (I think). Although they beat the Bruins, McDavid was pretty much held in check by them so I'd expect he puts up big numbers against us. 

Two games in a row here playing the big name offensive teams, see how we stack up to that. I suspect poorly. 

Superior PK and goaltending are our only (slim) chances. 

29 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It finally dawned me that the only explanation for Dan Dunleavy as voice of the Sabres is that the organization decided, perhaps going back to the start of the Pegula Era, that it would never again let its voice be so integral. You want to know what's happening? You want to be excited? Buy a ticket. It also calculated, IMHO, that not having a Rick would not hurt broadcast ratings.

If RJ was calling game I might listen in but can't take Dunleavy radio games.

2 hours ago, French Collection said:

Probably still cheaper than going to a Toronto game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Digger said:

I'm going with a Sabres win.  Granato will have the boys motivated tonight.  Sabres 4, Oilers 3.

They are due to play with more motivation.  Some more players have to stand up and play better to end the losing streak. With Mitts and VO out this lineup probably cannot score enough goals.  I’d sure love to see us win this game and stop the losing. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

If his plays with Pysyk then I think he will be. 

Yup. If Hagg-Pysyk were together, they'd be out against McDavid. But, I think it'll be an even blend of Hagg-Butcher and Dahlin-Pysyk against that line. 

Hey -- if Dahlin's ever going to learn to ignore the puck and stand up the guy (edit: on a rush) -- this is the player to learn against.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.