Traditions for Sabres fans

Eichless21

So I am bringing my 5 year old to his first Sabres games Friday + Saturday  and I want to do with him what I have done for the past 16 years. If there was a game on Saturday night, I would always go to the morning skate. I would follow that up with autographs outback and a nice spaghetti parm at chefs. After the game that night we would get just pizza and wings. Can anyone tell me If they are still doing the morning skate open to the public? 

23 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I hear that a lot.  I donno man.  I’m from Canada so we don’t have la Nova here.  Maybe it’s the tradition or novelty of it but best pizza and wings I’ve ever had.

I get it… Everybody has their unique tastes and preferences. I’m glad it works for you!

I am more of a Bocce’s Pizza guy myself… But it’s probably the fact that I grew up on it. My parents would always get that pizza because it was sorta close to my house growing up, so that was my parents pizza of choice. And so now that’s usually what I get when I do buy pizza. it’s crazy how the prices have gone up so much… just a couple days ago I ordered a large pizza with just one topping… And it was $26!  

• Like (+1) 1

Right now I have only two Sabres traditions.

I celebrate the yearly Patrick Kane to Buffalo thread in November, and the yearly irate fan call from Bruce in Amherst in April.

The two equinoxes of life in Hockey Heaven.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Our family tradition is to go to Pearl St Grill before the games. It's my 14 year old son's favourite restaurant. The Buffalo Chicken pizza is tough to beat.

I got thinking so much about the food I also forgot to mention we always get there real early in time to catch the pregame skate. If you're real early the kids can lineup in the section by where the Sabres come out of the dressing room and get a high 5 as they come out.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.