Potential Sabres deadline moves(sellers)…

LabattBlue

On 11/7/2021 at 8:41 PM, pastajoe said:

A name not mentioned who might attract interest is Bryson. He’s on the last year of his contract and could help a playoff team looking for an offensive D. Might return a 2nd round pick.

Sign him.  For the love of all that is good, SIGN HIM Kevyn.

8 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Ugh.  They better not re-sign him.

He's the worst of the JAGs they've signed.  Just not smart hockey.

Yeah, but he has the best nickname of any Sabre in the history of Sabres ...

We can all thank @inkman for giving us ... Hiney-Stroka

Edited by The Ghost of Doohickie
more goodly ...

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I doubt Bryson gets you a 2nd, but if he did I might make that move. He's not all that but it depends on how Jokiharju is coming back and some of the prospects. 

I disagree.  I think he is all that.  He's good defensively, deceptively fast on the offensive rush.  I don't think we've seen his ceiling yet.  To me he's a bird in the hand and I don't want to throw him away for maybe getting one in the bush.  He's a player I want to see signed by Kevyn.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I disagree.  I think he is all that.  He's good defensively, deceptively fast on the offensive rush.  I don't think we've seen his ceiling yet.  To me he's a bird in the hand and I don't want to throw him away for maybe getting one in the bush.  He's a player I want to see signed by Kevyn.

With Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson and Johnson all either here or about to be soon, I just don't see a place for him but I agree I wouldn't just throw him out. He may along with a draft pick should be able to get you a decent RHD which we are short on now and in the near future. I'm also kind of tired of the Dmen who can't move anyone out of the slot, unless someone or he gets move to the right side, I just don't see a long time future for him here.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

4 minutes ago, jsb said:

With Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson and Johnson all either here or about to be soon, I just don't see a place for him but I agree I wouldn't just throw him out. He may along with a draft pick should be able to get you a decent RHD which we are short on now and in the near future. I'm also kind of tired of the Dmen who can't move anyone out of the slot, unless someone or he gets move to the right side, I just don't see a long time future for him here.

Let’s not ignore that he’s 5’9” 175 lbs. I have no problem with him or his game but roster spots on the backend are going to get sparse in the next year or so.  

Dahlin

Joker

Power

Samuelsson

Johnson

These guys are probably locks for 2023. 

That leaves us Laaksonen, Bryson, Fitzgerald battling for 6 and 7.  Maybe there is a spot idk.  I still think they need a stay at home vet to pair with Dahlin.  

There’s room for a little guy in a roster that will have Power and Mule.

Bryson is showing himself to be a legit NHLer and has plenty of room to grow. He’s no Pilut.

You’ll regret trading him this year if that’s what happens.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

And for all those who are penciling in prospects, my feeling is that Bryson is here, now.  Some of those named prospects may spend a year in Rochester or may not jump out of college immediately.  We've got a capable young defenseman who's actually developed and worked out and y'all want to throw him away for yet another pick that may or may not hit?  At some point we have to go with the players we've already brought up, otherwise we'll be in continuous "next year" mode.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

And for all those who are penciling in prospects, my feeling is that Bryson is here, now.  Some of those named prospects may spend a year in Rochester or may not jump out of college immediately.  We've got a capable young defenseman who's actually developed and worked out and y'all want to throw him away for yet another pick that may or may not hit?  At some point we have to go with the players we've already brought up, otherwise we'll be in continuous "next year" mode.

If he was 6’4” 230 lbs, it’s a different conversation.

32 minutes ago, dudacek said:

There’s room for a little guy in a roster that will have Power and Mule.

Bryson is showing himself to be a legit NHLer and has plenty of room to grow. He’s no Pilut.

You’ll regret trading him this year if that’s what happens.

Yes there is but you seem to have forgotten that Dahlin and Johnson are also on the left side, are you just going to throw them out with the bath water so Bryson can play?? And I never said that we should just give him away but use him as an secondary asset to get a legit RHD or goaltender. Much bigger needs moving forward than another LHD. I'll also add that I think with Dahlin moving back and forth on the left and right side tells me his long term future is on the right if everything else works out.

Edited by jsb

3 hours ago, jsb said:

Yes there is but you seem to have forgotten that Dahlin and Johnson are also on the left side, are you just going to throw them out with the bath water so Bryson can play?? And I never said that we should just give him away but use him as an secondary asset to get a legit RHD or goaltender. Much bigger needs moving forward than another LHD. I'll also add that I think with Dahlin moving back and forth on the left and right side tells me his long term future is on the right if everything else works out.

Oh no doubt someone will have to get moved and anyone's available for the right price.

My point is his perceived value right now is probably a 6/7 but I suspect in few years it will be much higher.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't want to throw Bryson out with the bath water.

He's played what, 50 NHL games and right now he's already clearly better than NHL veterans like Hagg, Butcher, Pysyk and Miller.

I'm not going to sell low in order to create space for someone who has yet prove himself.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Ugh.  They better not re-sign him.

He's the worst of the JAGs they've signed.  Just not smart hockey.

Don't see him as lacking hockey sense, at least not significantly.  He gets to way too many pucks to believe he doesn't understand the game.

His issue is his hands are trash & he realizes that. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, jsb said:

That's pretty much my view, which is why I said I'd make the deal at the deadline if a 2nd was offered for Bryson. I have no issues with signing him for a few more years at a reasonably low number though, but long term I doubt he's the guy. 

I also question all the automatic slotting in of Jokiharju. People are forgetting that the Dahlin Joker pairing looked pretty bad prior to his injury and I'm definitely not sold on Jokiharju's full potential. To me he's a maybe, but definitely not a lock. I'm more confident about Samuelsson's potential tbh. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

That's pretty much my view, which is why I said I'd make the deal at the deadline if a 2nd was offered for Bryson. I have no issues with signing him for a few more years at a reasonably low number though, but long term I doubt he's the guy. 

I also question all the automatic slotting in of Jokiharju. People are forgetting that the Dahlin Joker pairing looked pretty bad prior to his injury and I'm definitely not sold on Jokiharju's full potential. To me he's a maybe, but definitely not a lock. I'm more confident about Samuelsson's potential tbh. 

Agree on Jokiharju.  The main things he has going for him are he's a RHD on a team with a distinctive lack of them AND when paired w/ Scandella he played very well.  Might even have arguably been their best D at that time.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Agree on Jokiharju.  The main things he has going for him are he's a RHD on a team with a distinctive lack of them AND when paired w/ Scandella he played very well.  Might even have arguably been their best D at that time.

Dahlin played well with Scandella as well.  I’m at the point where I think Scandella was the reason and not Ras or Joki.

• 2 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.