GDT - Sabres @ Seattle - 10:00 PM EDT

Sabres Fan in NS

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Told ya, those Kraken are a tenacious team. They're like pit bulls just coming at ya and coming at ya. Normally don't score a lot but never rest and never quit. 

imo they have building a team right. Start with a really good goalie, build out from there and build a team that competes and works hard every night, if not every shift. 

Hopefully now that we've turned the Eichel page we can try to build something in the same way. Start with a goalie once this tank is over. 

This team is pretty much what we expected. What talent we have is prospects we hope develop. They are not there yet. Mostly kids still. The Kraken are not highly talented either but more experienced and high energy. Hopefully this is the rebuild that works and isn't aborted again.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Radar said:

This team is pretty much what we expected. What talent we have is prospects we hope develop. They are not there yet. Mostly kids still. The Kraken are not highly talented either but more experienced and high energy. Hopefully this is the rebuild that works and isn't aborted again.

It really hurts having Ollie and Mitts out, there really isn't much secondary scoring going on.  Not enough depth yet on the big club.

6 hours ago, SabresBillsFan said:

He’s got garbage to work with. Most of the current Sabres should be in the AHL. How many outnumbered attacks did they give up in Tonight’s game? Pathetic. They are coming back down to earth now. Like others have said it might be time to send Cozens down because playing with Skinner is just poison. That’s got to be the worst contract in the nhl right now. 

The worst contract in the NHL is Seth Jones 

1 hour ago, Radar said:

Eberle, Donskoi, Tanev, Geekie and Grubauer are all much better than anything the Sabres have. 

What's funny is a guy named GEEKie playing for the CRACKen.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

He’s certainly trending away from being the elite generational defenseman we were promised. 

The only place where he was trending in that direction was in Swedish YT videos.

7 hours ago, SabresBillsFan said:

He’s going to be the next wanting out if this keeps continuing. 

One can hope. Yesterday was only the first shoe.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I have watched a handful of Kraken games and Tanev is a damn good hockey player.

I wanted him before he went to the Penguins. Maybe he's too gritty for the Sabres. That guy is fearless and has a high end motor. He would immediately be the best player on Buffalo right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

I came here looking for an overview, some perspective on what was clearly a disappointing game. I scrolled through the last few pages ... finding none, I'll look forward to the Detroyat game.

If you'd told me at season's start that this team would be @deluca67 .500 after their first west coast road trip, I'd have taken that gladly. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Told ya, those Kraken are a tenacious team. They're like pit bulls just coming at ya and coming at ya. Normally don't score a lot but never rest and never quit. 

imo they have building a team right. Start with a really good goalie, build out from there and build a team that competes and works hard every night, if not every shift. 

Hopefully now that we've turned the Eichel page we can try to build something in the same way. Start with a goalie once this tank is over. 

Expansion team with way more veteran presence than we have. Our rebuild looks much different.  By next year we are actually going to get even younger with Krebs, JJP, Quinn, Samuelsson, and Power all waiting in the wings.   

We don’t have that goalie ready yet either unless UPL starts to transform.  Levi and Portillo are a few years away.  

Last nights game showed that physical hockey is still a thing and our defense needs to get a lot stronger.  

You know, there was a discussion a week or so ago on here about the value of a 12-foot pass.

Think about the number of 12-foot passes that were completed in the 1st week of the season, then think about the number that were completed last night.

We need more 12-foot passes.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, matter2003 said:

This is atrocious...

This is kinda the way we thought every game would be...

Getting massively out shot. Outplayed. Constant odd man rushes against and breakaways...

Did this team suddenly forget how to play hockey?

No, they didn't forget.

We saw what a team can accomplish with "effort", within the first few games, right? People need to accept that other teams aren't in the habit of treating their first few games of the season like their Stanley Cup, which the Sabres have been doing for a couple seasons now, following off-seasons filled with promises to fans they were determined to deliver on. 

9 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

We also likely would never have known who did it.  

This was laugh-out-loud hilarious. 

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Expansion team with way more veteran presence than we have. Our rebuild looks much different.  By next year we are actually going to get even younger with Krebs, JJP, Quinn, Samuelsson, and Power all waiting in the wings.   

We don’t have that goalie ready yet either unless UPL starts to transform.  Levi and Portillo are a few years away.  

Last nights game showed that physical hockey is still a thing and our defense needs to get a lot stronger.  

The team that had to pick literal veterans off of 31 other teams rosters has more veteran presence than we have? 

Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I came here looking for an overview, some perspective on what was clearly a disappointing game. I scrolled through the last few pages ... finding none, I'll look forward to the Detroyat game.

If you'd told me at season's start that this team would be @deluca67 .500 after their first west coast road trip, I'd have taken that gladly. 

Thanks to a surprising start we are at .500.  We had a rough road trip and are on a three game losing streak.  Look at the fancy stats, we are being dominated on the ice and wasting some decent goaltending.  Three good players are injured and we have nothing to back them up.   Talent wise, we are playing with a 3rd line and 3 fourth lines.  One of our first pair defenseman is so bad we got paid to take him for nothing.  

There is your overview. 

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic

My fear is that during this rebuilding process the players get beaten down not only because of the mounting losses but also because too often they are being dominated. After being in such a losing and battering environment for an extended period of time it has to have a depressing affect on you. It certainly got to Jack, Risto and Reinhart. My hope is that this poisonous spillage doesn't contaminate players such as Dahlin, Tage, Mitts etc. 

Don't think that the players playing in front of visiting venues with near capacity attendance compared to the home games where attendance is embarrassingly low doesn't have a negative effect on the players. I simply don't see the home team attendance being very robust for some time. 

Granato has a major challenge on his hands in keeping this team's spirits high enough to compete. It's a long and grinding season. I hope that he can maintain the players' confidence up while they go through this challenging period. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

My fear is that during this rebuilding process the players get beaten down not only because of the mounting losses but also because too often they are being dominated. After being in such a losing and battering environment for an extended period of time it has to have a depressing affect on you. It certainly got to Jack, Risto and Reinhart. My hope is that this poisonous spillage doesn't contaminate players such as Dahlin, Tage, Mitts etc. 

Don't think that the players playing in front of visiting venues with near capacity attendance compared to the home games where attendance is embarrassingly low doesn't have a negative effect on the players. I simply don't see the home team attendance being very robust for some time. 

Granato has a major challenge on his hands in keeping this team's spirits high enough to compete. It's a long and grinding season. I hope that he can maintain the players' confidence up while they go through this challenging period. 

Keeping the team up and focused was always the challenge.  Yesterday Kyle and Zemgus both made some plays  Granato needs them to keep it up and we need a big game from Anderson versus Detroit.  We can’t let the losses pile higher   

Granato has the hardest coaching job in the league.  Limited talent, little experience, no fans, history of losing, and the best players bailed.  I hope he can convince them to get back to what was working.  

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Keeping the team up and focused was always the challenge.  Yesterday Kyle and Zemgus both made some plays  Granato needs them to keep it up and we need a big game from Anderson versus Detroit.  We can’t let the losses pile higher   

Granato has the hardest coaching job in the league.  Limited talent, little experience, no fans, history of losing, and the best players bailed.  I hope he can convince them to get back to what was working.  

We're also STILL in the "weaker" portion of our schedule. 

Only one left in that stretch, though. 

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.