Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

VO. He could be right or not, just thought bringing that discussion over here made sense as a conversation point..

I am awaiting your comment! 

I don't believe that is going to happen. VO has been playing hurt. He hasn't been the same player since his injury. 

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

The Future!!!!

D295EF54-CE0D-4E1D-9528-6C8443705FE9.jpeg

I have a copy of this as well.  TM didn’t exactly follow the plan.

42 minutes ago, Thorny said:

@GASabresIUFANseems to think our leading point producer by rate this season might be on the chopping block..

Not sure why this conversation belongs in the Eichel trade thread.  

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I have a copy of this as well.  TM didn’t exactly follow the plan.

Not sure why this conversation belongs in the Eichel trade thread.  

Well the topic of whether or not we'll be trading away our good players was brought up, thought it made an interesting discussion point. Your arguments for why they may move on from VO made sense to me even if I completely disagreed with them/the course of action that would lead to KA making those decisions, should he make them

Ultimately, the question of keeping VO comes down to how does KA and the management team view the forward core group.  

I believe they want our top 3 centers to emerge from Mitts, Krebs, Cozens and now Thompson.  Of the 4, I think Krebs ends up on the wing.  Quinn, Krebs, Asplund, JJP, Tuch and Skinner are KA’s top six wingers long-term.  (Skinner because we have no choice). Where does that leave VO?  

Now add to that the need for real goaltending and veteran D, I can see KA moving on from VO to help fill other holes.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Ultimately, the question of keeping VO comes down to how does KA and the management team view the forward core group.  

I believe they want our top 3 centers to emerge from Mitts, Krebs, Cozens and now Thompson.  Of the 4, I think Krebs ends up on the wing.  Quinn, Krebs, Asplund, JJP, Tuch and Skinner are KA’s top six wingers long-term.  (Skinner because we have no choice). Where does that leave VO?  

On a third scoring line if Asplund is on a checking line?

In the top 6 for now, being currently better than all of Quinn, Peterka, Krebs, and probably Skinner? Helping the team become good so the development of all the young players, including the players we want as replacements for him, stays on track? That they have a capable player to beat out rather than being gifted a spot?

Playing in the top 6 anyways after an inevitable injury? The good teams don't amass 9 players who they think are good enough to fill the lineup and then call it a day. Never mind picking 9 players they think will *one day* be good enough, while calling it a day.

- - - 

I feel like people are skipping a step, here, along the way. We see the prospects, and our team at the bottom of the standings, and plan out how they'll transform us into, the greatest sabres team I have ever seen in 2006. 

They need to create a decent team first. We are not *close* to VO being appropriately jettisoned unless he's coming to KA with completely ridiculous, unjustified terms as an RFA. 

We haven't heard any indication that VO's mentality flies in the face of KA's "want to be here" slogan. I continue to believe they CAN keep VO if they want to. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Have to agree on Dahlin, his play to my eye looks to be practically begging to be complemented with players closer to his talent level. 

I think it was when Adams first came on but Jack did say it's because he wasn't on board with their chosen direction of a rebuild. When Adams went a different way last season Eichel was content to try it

Like all those breakaway passes wasted on the likes of Cody Eakin?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Night after night I see Dahlin ....stand around while the puck is in net.

You know who else does that?

Victor Hedman. He's been on the ice 43 ES goals against this year.

That's 4 more than Dahlin has, despite the fact Hedman plays with much better teammates, in front of much better goaltending, and gets less even-strength ice time.

I think people wouldn't be nearly as hard on Dahlin if the Sabres actually won a few.

• Like (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

That's 4 more than Dahlin has, despite the fact Hedman plays with much better teammates, in front of much better goaltending, and gets less even-strength ice time.

I think people wouldn't be nearly as hard on Dahlin if the Sabres actually won a few.

Great point. The word “sagacious” comes to mind. 

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I laughed out loud when Hedman fell at the blueline yesterday, sending Jankowski in on an unhampered breakaway from our blue line. It looked *exactly* like youth hockey. Not junior - youth. 

Come on people - that was objectively as ridiculous as any play we've seen Dahlin make, and Hedman is..the best veteran D-man in the world?

It's not on the highlight reels cause Jankowski was the benefactor. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Now add to that the need for real goaltending and veteran D, I can see KA moving on from VO to help fill other holes.

Asplund’s position is far from secure IMHO.  He’s been pretty stinky lately.  

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

Lest anyone think John is out of the woods, this was posted today on an ADR Facebook group I belong to. 

FFAB7BA4-C0AF-462F-813B-AD44B24495F4.jpeg

My understanding was always the concern wasn't the surgery as much as the possibility for disc slippage after and once they decided to move on from Jack, why take the risk of the surgery or this. I worry about him once he starts taking hits. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

My understanding was always the concern wasn't the surgery as much as the possibility for disc slippage after and once they decided to move on from Jack, why take the risk of the surgery or this. I worry about him once he starts taking hits. 

The hockey media sold this procedure like it was LASIK. 

• Like (+1) 6

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The hockey media sold this procedure like it was LASIK. 

Agreed. The hockey media never presented the alternative viewpoint from the medical community and the concerns they have about sustaining high speed, high impact collisions. It had simply never been done on a player in a game like hockey and those concerns are still valid. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.