Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

7 hours ago, erickompositör72 said:

I was told for years, "suck it up- it'll be worth it to tank, even if we get 2nd and pick Eichel."

I'll be damned if I can't cheer for him anymore, even if he's not a Sabre.

Root all you want. Don’t expect everyone in here to be like minded. He’s the enemy to most of us, not because he’s a former Sabre that we all pinned our hopes on to save the franchise, because he’s on a different team.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I don’t blame Eichel for anything that happened here during his tenure.  It’s not his fault that he played for the worst managed and worst coached team in the NHL for the past decade.  

However he asked to be traded and was. Now he is just another putz playing elsewhere. Hopefully the new look Sabres will meet him in the Cup finals in the next few years and kick his Boston behind.  

If anything has been proven the last few months, even teams like the Braves and Bulldawgs, who have been wandering in the desert for 25-40 years, can finally get over the hump.   Now it’s time for the Bills and Sabres to rise up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don’t blame Eichel for anything that happened here during his tenure.  It’s not his fault that he played for the worst managed and worst coached team in the NHL for the past decade.  

However he asked to be traded and was. Now he is just another putz playing elsewhere. Hopefully the new look Sabres will meet him in the Cup finals in the next few years and kick his Boston behind.  

If anything has been proven the last few months, even teams like the Braves and Bulldawgs, who have been wandering in the desert for 25-40 years, can finally get over the hump.   Now it’s time for the Bills and Sabres to rise up.

I don’t agree with the first sentence.  Jack had some regrettable moments. 

Last sentence - the Bills are a legit SB contender for the second straight year.  Don’t lump them in with the Sabres who are still not close to a playoff team. 

14 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I don’t agree with the first sentence.  Jack had some regrettable moments. 

Last sentence - the Bills are a legit SB contender for the second straight year.  Don’t lump them in with the Sabres who are still not close to a playoff team. 

GA and the Braves have been playoff contenders often during their droughts.  The Bills haven’t won or come close to a championship in decades.  Last year’s visit to the AFC championship game was their first final 4 appearance since 1993.  Prior to last season, the Sabres had made visits to the final four most recently in 2006 and 2007.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

54 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

You’re right.  Jack deserves zero blame. Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

• Like (+1) 2

I understand there's people who don't want to hear about Eichel, that's why I try my best to keep Jack Eichel mentions to..the Jack Eichel trade thread

- - -

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

GA and the Braves have been playoff contenders often during their droughts.  The Bills haven’t won or come close to a championship in decades.  Last year’s visit to the AFC championship game was their first final 4 appearance since 1993.  Prior to last season, the Sabres had made visits to the final four most recently in 2006 and 2007.

While the length of the Sabres drought is undoubtedly impressive, the kicker of the whole shebang is how extreme the ineptitude has been, which feeds into the perception of how bad the drought has been. It's not only harder to make the playoffs in the NFL, the Bills haven't been a bottom feeder to the extent the Sabres have been.

It's not just that it's a drought, we've had to sacrifice the water from our our bones to keep the dream alive 

16 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I understand there's people who don't want to hear about Eichel, that's why I try my best to keep Jack Eichel mentions to..the Jack Eichel trade thread

- - -

While the length of the Sabres drought is undoubtedly impressive, the kicker of the whole shebang is how extreme the ineptitude has been, which feeds into the perception of how bad the drought has been. It's not only harder to make the playoffs in the NFL, the Bills haven't been a bottom feeder to the extent the Sabres have been.

It's not just that it's a drought, we've had to sacrifice the water from our our bones to keep the dream alive 

Few people would argue with you that the franchise has been poorly managed during the Pegula era. The record is the record and is a reflection of the extended ineptitude of this organization. But let's not forget that the Pegulas also made a lot of mistakes with the people they hired when they took over. Finally, they hired the right people and allowed them to run the football side of the business. The rest is history.

If people had the ability to change the current owners what would they want done differently? They would want the organization strengthened from the front office to the coaching staff. And they would want a coherent rebuilding plan that would be adhered to instead of this constant churning of staff and plans. We got that now! Granato is the right coach for the roster full of young players. And without question the front office and scouting department have been upgraded. What is needed is a little more patience to allow this rebuilding process to work. The mistakes of the past are the mistakes of the past. Now it is about the future. We need to stay the course.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Good for Jack. Some great players need to be on teams surrounded by other great players in order to realize success. They have that in common with the last bottom three winger on the team. 

It's the NHL. Every great player needs other great players around them to find success. Unless your name is Hasek, I guess

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, K-9 said:

Good for Jack. Some great players need to be on teams surrounded by other great players in order to realize success. They have that in common with the last bottom three winger on the team. 

It doesn't matter how great a player is in order to have team success. In hockey you have to have a supporting cast to have success. You can build around a super star with roll players in basketball but it doesn't work in sports such as hockey and football. 

Trading Jack was the right thing for him and the organization. It was time for this franchise to recalibrate. It seems to me that the franchise is now rebuilding the roster with more talent spread around. The process is going to take time. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It doesn't matter how great a player is in order to have team success. In hockey you have to have a supporting cast to have success. You can build around a super star with roll players in basketball but it doesn't work in sports such as hockey and football. 

Trading Jack was the right thing for him and the organization. It was time for this franchise to recalibrate. It seems to me that the franchise is now rebuilding the roster with more talent spread around. The process is going to take time. 

The franchise is finally doing what they should have done in 2014-2017. Now we get the fun of doing it in 2020-2024... oh joy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

The franchise is finally doing what they should have done in 2014-2017. Now we get the fun of doing it in 2020-2024... oh joy. 

It's like running a marathon with the moronic strategy of starting the race only to get to the quarter marker and then reversing course to run back to the starting line. It's just plain freaking stupid!  I understand the frustrations of the fanbase. But as exasperated as the fans are the current course of action that this franchise is taking is the right course of action. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I thought of Connor McDavid as I read your first paragraph.

• Like (+1) 1

Good news is we have 3 first round picks this year and 3 seconds in next years draft. I would LOVE for us to get one more 1st for 2023 but am unsure of how we could accomplish that. 

Just now, Dreams Burn Down said:

I thought of Connor McDavid as I read your first paragraph.

McDavid is screwed. Edmonton is one of the dumbest teams in the NHL. 

Why is this the right way to do things now, or 2014-2017, but not 2012?

I have zero hope that they are going to get it right this time. And I certainly don’t give a fig about how many 1sts or 2nds we have. Games aren’t played in July.

The first off-season where we don’t get rid of our best players is the season I’ll get excited again.

And when they are good, I’ll even go to a game.😂

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Good news is we have 3 first round picks this year and 3 seconds in next years draft. I would LOVE for us to get one more 1st for 2023 but am unsure of how we could accomplish that. 

McDavid is screwed. Edmonton is one of the dumbest teams in the NHL. 

36 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Edmonton has a defense problem IMPO. 

Nothing has changed for a decade 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Why is this the right way to do things now, or 2014-2017, but not 2012?

I have zero hope that they are going to get it right this time. And I certainly don’t give a fig about how many 1sts or 2nds we have. Games aren’t played in July.

The first off-season where we don’t get rid of our best players is the season I’ll get excited again.

And when they are good, I’ll even go to a game.😂

ok 

38 minutes ago, SwampD said:

The Future!!!!

D295EF54-CE0D-4E1D-9528-6C8443705FE9.jpeg

I will say it until this board gets it through their thick heads, the Sabres will be trash until they draft better consistently. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.