Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

On 11/6/2021 at 11:30 PM, SabresVet said:

Adams has to work out for the Pegula's

That's part of what I think Adams is good at:  working with the Pegulas.  Whether or not he brings a Cup to the team, he seems to be able to make his deals that are hockey deals according to his plan and not the Pegulas' reactionary whims.  One might argue that moving Jack was one of those whims, although it seems like it might have been part of the pre-build purge of players who don't want to be here.  It remains to be seen how the trade works out but when you take all of Adams' moves together at least they are working toward a common vision.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Pimlach said:

A planned production featuring Mascots, Showgirls, cheerleaders, drummers and music, limo tours , 5 star hotels, servants, and a few bystanders in awe …. But no real hockey fans were there.  

If Jack was healthy he would be playing in front of a capacity crowd in Vegas. If Jack was healthy and still with Buffalo he would be playing in front of a less than half full arena. My point is that there are plenty of hockey fans in Vegas. 

Make no mistake about what I am saying here. I have no criticism for the fans in the local area losing faith in the organization and demonstrating it by their refusal at this time to buy tickets to the games. Even the GM has acknowledged the organization has to earn back the fans' support. 

• Like (+1) 2

I like what Adams is doing so far. As a first time GM in a brutal situation he has navigated the waters pretty well so far. He is a good hockey man, has a real connection to the city and is passionate about the team and area. Whether this all works out or not is to be seen but I feel like for the first time in a long time there might be a light at the end of the tunnel here. He seems to:

1) Have a plan that makes sense. Identified the issues with the core, broke it up and has specific players he targets based on vision: speed, character, desire to be a part of the solution.

2) He doesn’t claim to be a know it all. He has surrounded himself with quality people and he listens to them. The two drafts under his watch look very promising and the move towards analytics is legit. And I have no doubt that Adams will listen to his Analytics people, it is not just window dressing.

3) He will not be rushed into decisions and waiver from his vision or plan. Be it the coach search, the Eichel trade, he takes his time and is thorough and patient.

4) Maybe the biggest, he can handle the Pegulas. He has worked there and succeeded for a decade because he knows them, what they want and how to deal with them. He might kiss their butts from time to time but I have no doubt that they trust him and that ther e Israel communication and that Adams can probably talk them down on certain things where others haven’t.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I like what Adams is doing so far. As a first time GM in a brutal situation he has navigated the waters pretty well so far. He is a good hockey man, has a real connection to the city and is passionate about the team and area. Whether this all works out or not is to be seen but I feel like for the first time in a long time there might be a light at the end of the tunnel here. He seems to:

1) Have a plan that makes sense. Identified the issues with the core, broke it up and has specific players he targets based on vision: speed, character, desire to be a part of the solution.

2) He doesn’t claim to be a know it all. He has surrounded himself with quality people and he listens to them. The two drafts under his watch look very promising and the move towards analytics is legit. And I have no doubt that Adams will listen to his Analytics people, it is not just window dressing.

3) He will not be rushed into decisions and waiver from his vision or plan. Be it the coach search, the Eichel trade, he takes his time and is thorough and patient.

4) Maybe the biggest, he can handle the Pegulas. He has worked there and succeeded for a decade because he knows them, what they want and how to deal with them. He might kiss their butts from time to time but I have no doubt that they trust him and that ther e Israel communication and that Adams can probably talk them down on certain things where others haven’t.

You make a good point that one of the more prominent attributes that best describes KA is that he is a collaborator. He has assembled a quality staff and listens to their input. He is very deliberate in getting as much input as possible and then for the most part makes a consensus decision. Some executives are ego driven and want their staffs to follow their direction. That's not how he operates. He seems to be the type of person who is as much receptive to the input of the lower level staff as he is to the higher level staff. Without a doubt he is not a high profile top-down executive as he is a person who creates an environment where there is a team effort in working toward a decision. His management style is very modern and far from being  old school. 

• Like (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

Ink have a question for you. I know you watch Amerks quite a bit. I checked box score of game other night on AHL TV app and they had Krebbs listed/playing left wing and not center. Is that correct? 

Thanks

Looked to me to be at center most of the game. Bill Hoppe confirmed in this article.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Ogelthorpe said:

Ink have a question for you. I know you watch Amerks quite a bit. I checked box score of game other night on AHL TV app and they had Krebbs listed/playing left wing and not center. Is that correct? 

Thanks

He played centre. They had 11 forwards so he ended up playing with different line mates throughout the game but he played centre and looked very good doing it.

• Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

He played centre. They had 11 forwards so he ended up playing with different line mates throughout the game but he played centre and looked very good doing it.

Took a few shifts at wing too according to the article just posted - but it reads like we was mostly at C, anyways. 

39 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Took a few shifts at wing too according to the article just posted - but it reads like we was mostly at C, anyways. 

Had other things going on during the game but didn't notice him taking shifts at W.  He definitely had several shifts at C.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.