Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, SDS said:

It solves a lot of problems.

It puts fannies in the seats, it’s goodwill towards the fan base, it helps scrub away recent failures by  reducing his presence during the game day experience…

You know they won't eat that amount of money. 

1 minute ago, SDS said:

It solves a lot of problems.

It puts fannies in the seats, it’s goodwill towards the fan base, it helps scrub away recent failures by  reducing his presence during the game day experience…

Actually I just emailed my ticket rep (giving you credit for the idea.) It's too good a move not to do. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

You know they won't eat that amount of money. 

Money that they’re not getting because no one‘s going to the game or buying their merchandise? The jerseys are a lot of money, but they’re purchased really cheap. Honestly, with concessions they get by luring fans to the game they probably come close to even in that swap.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

They're going to be picking 11th going to be just fine with me lol.   

I think they pick 21st. That's my guess but in the 2022 draft that will be pretty decent because unlike the 2021 draft which was shallow, the 2022 draft is standard in depth. 

13 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Young fella on Hockeybuzz who seems to me to be astute on talent thinks Krebs is a special talent; compares him to Danny B. If he turns out anything like Briere, this is a win.

And now I don't have to worry about Buffalonil exploding.

Eichel is a more talented player than Briere, but Briere was a better Sabre than Eichel.  Better leader, a clutch player, and he fit into the community.  

If Krebs plays like Briere, and Tuch is a real power forward, I am going to be happy. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Eichel is a more talented player than Briere, but Briere was a better Sabre than Eichel.  Better leader, a clutch player, and he fit into 5he community.  

If Krebs plays like Briere, and Tuch is a real power forward, I am going to be happy. 

Yea Jack Eichel helping kids with cancer and donating ppg really didn't fit into the community. 

***** hell ppl. Eichel was fine and he wanted to move on. The Sabres are going to be fine and wanted to move on. We don't have ***** all over each side. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Don't love the trade in a vacuum. You can't replace an Eichel.

The only way we "win" it is if he comes back less than what he was.

I do like the players we got and the personality of the core Adams is building.

Mostly, I'm just glad it's over. Onward and upward.

• Like (+1) 7

5 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

No, you really do wish he was on a terrible team.   Try to pass it off as a joke if you want, but it's pretty obvious.  Don't be so sour.

I definitely wished he went to a bad team. I was serious about that.

I was joking about the gambling thing. I wouldn't really wish that on anyone.

I thought you were griefing me about the gambling comment.   You are definitely correct about the bad team thing. Im glad he is gone, i was pretty sick of the silliness 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yea Jack Eichel helping kids with cancer and donating ppg really didn't fit into the community. 

***** hell ppl. Eichel was fine and he wanted to move on. The Sabres are going to fine and wanted to move on. We don't have ***** all over each side. 

I don't know what world you live, but that's exactly what we need to do. 🙂

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Don't love the trade in a vacuum. You can't replace an Eichel.

The only way we "win" it is if he comes back less than what he was.

I do like the players we got and the personality of the core Adams is building.

Mostly, I'm just glad it's over. Onward and upward.

If we're lucky we end up with a collection of players similar to what the Bruins have had for the last decade. No obvious number one star but just a bunch of good to really good hard working guys with a good leadership core that knows how to play a team game.

• Like (+1) 4

From Vegas here - 

Like what the Sabres got for Eichel.

Im a huge Tuch fan but with his size and speed he’s going to leave you wanting more. But he was one of my favorite players on the Golden Knights.

Krebs is going to be a solid nhl player. His hockey IQ is high, he hustles, and he’s a pass first guy. Expect most of his goals from close in. 

The 1st rounder was a given

VGK needs a top line center big time. Now it should be fun watching him battle McKinnon and McDavid.

If I’m Buffalo I send down Krebs along with Cozens and develop those guys along with JJ and Quinn. That would be one hell of a 4 player tandem to start next year.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Execute Order 69!

++ I saw... I saw a Tuch and the Krebs.

-- Mmmm. Friends they are now.

++ They were in blue and gold.

-- It is the future you see.

++ Will we win?

-- Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future. (But the answer is yes)

This sounds like Yoda and Luke in my head.

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

If we're lucky we end up with a collection of players similar to what the Bruins have had for the last decade. No obvious number one star but just a bunch of good to really good hard working guys with a good leadership core that knows how to play a team game.

I think this is the way. Amass a depth, relentless team instead of 2-3 All Star talents.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

While awesome and good.......does this mean Jack was "Buffalo" and truly embraced the city? 

I never ever ever sensed that and I think a lot of people agreed probably long before the losing got bad.  

The losing got bad and I know I'm making a judgement without knowing all the facts but it's the internet so....I just believe his attitude and approach contributed heavily to it. 

Great player no doubt. 

Not generational and never will be.  

Bye.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.