Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Congratulations Kevyn Adams for holding firm.

I always expected him to come off the "4 first round equivalents" a bit.  The fact that he got what he got before Eichel got his surgery to me is surprising.  I didn't think he'd even approach the return he got with the cloud hanging over Eichel's health.

• Like (+1) 4

• Brawndo changed the title to Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd
20 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

You know, no salary retention, no more worry about the risk of Jack's surgery.  Just sayin'.

No more bad locker room.   Fair or not, Eichel will always be associated with a bad room.  Not saying it’s all on him, but some of it is.    It’s already better without him, and with Granato running the bench it should even get better.  

• Like (+1) 7

It’s finally over… Welcome to Tuch and Krebs… Good riddance to Eichel… Hoping our new Sabres are positive players and see the opportunity here… Expecting in a handful of years, Eichel will be disgruntled again… Hard to change character at his age… Good job, Adams… 

• Like (+1) 2

Alex Tuch is a beauty and he’s built for the playoffs. He’s excelled in the playoffs and he’s a welcome addition. 

About to research Krebs. I’m happy with this. Although now Jack is on my “side piece team” and that means he’s still in my life lol. 

Still a big risk for Vegas imo. Glad Jack is gone though. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Well his career may never be the same and I just keep going back to that.

The fact this isn't discussed enough is mind boggling to me.  

There's real risk there, for sure. If he were to get the fusion, I'd say he'd almost certainly return to form -- but with diminished quality late in his career and certainly diminished quality of life post-career. The ADR is a huge unknown. I wonder what happens now that he's with Vegas.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

There's real risk there, for sure. If he were to get the fusion, I'd say he'd almost certainly return to form -- but with diminished quality late in his career and certainly diminished quality of life post-career. The ADR is a huge unknown. I wonder what happens now that he's with Vegas.

This is basically the only thing I'm really curious about at this point. The trade and the subsequent return is whatever. There's a whole other chapter to this saga that is only just beginning.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.