Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st Top Ten Protected and 2023 2nd

Brawndo

18 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The forward group just got immediately better and the Jack drama is over.  Good luck Jack your going to need it.  I hope your surgery goes.  

Ultimately this got done and I think Jack, KA and Pegulas got what they wanted.  

The pieces are fine. Tuch is a solid middle six winger from Syracuse who is young enough to be part of the future here.  Krebs was part of the deep center draft class from 2019 and like Cozens has yet to fully establish himself in the NHL.

What's Krebs upside? Is he a second-line player? 

Assuming that Tuch gets fully healthy, and with the probable elevations of Peterka, Quinn, Power, Samuelsson next season or sooner, on top of the Krebs addition you can see this roster fairly quickly being remade. It's still going to take time for this turned over roster to mature but the near future looks promising. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

In a perfect world, Eichel and Reinhart are still here.

The world isn’t perfect though 

We should have been building like KA is building now, 5 years ago.  But instead we traded futures that would now be maturing for vets that are all gone except for the two cap hits.  Given where we are, I think Adams is doing it right.  He's following the McBeane formula, adapted for the NHL world.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I'd like to take this moment to address the die hard nostalgic Sabres fans.

I know some of you didn't get a 50th anniversary authentic jersey, or maybe you don't remember Eichel wore #15 before 9. Well, nows your chance to add to your collection.

I have an Eichel rookie season #15 home jersey, a #9 50th anniversary jersey and a #9 away jersey with royal blue returned color.

Asking $5,000.00 as the floor. These are items every spinal surgeon consider must haves in their collection. So act fast! Before spaghetti stains magically appear on these highly touted collectors items..

Bidding up is not only encouraged, but welcomed.... 😉

• Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Somehow this hurts me less than the Reinhart trade.

Same.  I actually *liked* Reino.  He was the last current Sabres jersey I had. 

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Maybe it's just me, but this is in very poor taste, IMO.

Some of the best humor is.

That said, that pic isn't the best humor.

• Like (+1) 2

• nfreeman changed the title to Jack Eichel and 2023 3rd Traded to Vegas for F Alex Tuch, C Peyton Krebs, 2022 1st (top 10 protected) and 2023 3rd
2 minutes ago, SDS said:

I wonder what the chances are for either of these two players to be disgruntled upon coming over? I wonder if we got to speak with them at all?

Huh?

Tuch is from Syracuse, NY. I'd imagine he's good with the move.

Krebs is still a kid. Reportedly one with a good attitude. He'll presumably love HCDG, and readily find a way to fit in with a young roster.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

I wonder what the chances are for either of these two players to be disgruntled upon coming over? I wonder if we got to speak with them at all?

I'm not the biggest Buffalo cheerleader but I'll take it over the abomination, the affront to god that is Las Vegas, all day every day.

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I can't believe we tanked for Krebs/Tuch.

I can't believe cap floor+Pegula yields any results. Hi 2011.

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

It's the crux of the deal. The Sabres had better be 100% sure these guys want to be in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Krebs is still a kid. Reportedly one with a good attitude. He'll presumably love HCDG, and readily find a way to fit in with a young roster.

He will probably get a march bigger opportunity here than with VGK, if not top 6, probably 3C on a line that gets a lot of minutes.  And he may just unleash his new winger, a guy named Cozens.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Huh?

Tuch is from Syracuse, NY. I'd imagine he's good with the move.

I don’t know where he’s from. Just because you’re from the area doesn’t mean you want to go back there to an objectively worse professional situation.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

Leave Vegas for Buffalo … I doubt they are happy about it.  

Granato and Adams have to talk to them about what we are building and how they are wanted to help build it.  We could use more fans at the games too. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

I can't believe cap floor+Pegula yields any results. Hi 2011.

It's the crux of the deal. The Sabres had better be 100% sure these guys want to be in Buffalo.

Agreed. Without knowing what has transpired behind the scenes, there is inherent risk in this.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

The return might not be so great, but we also have to think that Eichel might not play another 10 games in the NHL if the surgery goes bad.

I've mentioned it already but I think the dropoff for Eichel might be similar to that experienced by Connolly after the concussions.  I could be wrong, but that's my gut feel.  He'll be a good player again, but not great.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.