Rochester @ Laval - GDT 10/30/21

inkman

Just now, PickaPecaPickles said:

My initial thought was why didn't that guy cover Laks better? Then I saw him bend over with his hands on knees--he was gassed!

JJ was on the ice the same amount of time on that shift as well. Active early and was sitting back in perfect defensive position to snuff that rush.

He's a different type of player than we've had to cheer for in a while. 

• Like (+1) 3

That assist by JJ was just golden, hell I even could of scored after that pass.

UPHutton just doing what he does, give up goals. Poor side to side and the man has the worst stick handling I have ever seen out of an "Elite" prospect. Watch his goals against he rarely uses his stick to protect the 5 hole but instead leans on his stick for balance and just uses pads to protect the 5 hole, and that is why he is slow from side to side, whey he starfishes so much, and why shots go over his shoulders so much because he is on his knees non stop.

Quin still looking like a the high draft pick we hoped he was on Offense.

Even though we gave up 5, the defense looked better this game forechecking and poke checks, but they still have issues getting hemmed in their own zone at times. Too many players are fighting for the puck on the boards and not giving a out to pass to once they gain the puck, either bad defense strategy or players not being disciplined and staying in their area. I am betting it is a little of both.

Weissbach is such a energizer bunny, always seems to just annoy the opposing team. Great goal off the faceoff.

We have enough NHL ready (or nearly ready) talent on the AHL level that the Sabres can turn over a quarter of their roster with internal prospects and it will improve the team substantially.  That doesn't include players that will take longer to develop or future draft picks or anything the Eichel trade will yield.  Add that to a spunky NHL underdog team and the Sabres could be a powerhouse soon, very soon.

That's also against the backdrop that several of the perennial powerhouses including last year's Stanley Cup finalists are slow out of the gate (although the Lightning are coming on).  I think in the next season or two there will be a changing of the guard.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

We have enough NHL ready (or nearly ready) talent on the AHL level that the Sabres can turn over a quarter of their roster with internal prospects and it will improve the team substantially.  The doesn't players that will take longer to develop or future draft picks or anything the Eichel trade will yield.  Add that to a spunky NHL underdog team and the Sabres could be a powerhouse soon, very soon.

That's also against the backdrop that several of the perennial powerhouses including last year's Stanley Cup finalists are slow out of the gate (although the Lightning are coming on).  I think in the next season or two there will be a changing of the guard.

100% agreed. Hopefully the butt hurting of some posters missing Reinhart (or O'Reilly or soon Eichel) will fade out completely in favour of what the current group, and the one at the doorstep are bringing.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.