GDT: Boston @ Buffalo, Friday, October 22, 7 PM ET, WGR, ESPN+

Doohickie

19 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I have been having a hard time with it watching NHL games.  The quality is awful.  And I don't mean just resolution, I mean the feed freezing, and stuttering.

It seems to only happen during games too.  If I watch an 'old' game it is fine. If I watch one of the other programs on it it is fine. And we have a very good connection with our TV and good internet service (all other streaming services are crystal clear in 4k when available.)

For some reason when I try to watch a game on ESPN plus, the quality just goes way down.

Hmmm, I've got wicked average internet and a teenager who is probably streaming 2 devices at minimum and I've never had a hiccup in a hockey game. Once I had it lag for a UFC event, but it was only for about a minute between fights.

17 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Hmmm, I've got wicked average internet and a teenager who is probably streaming 2 devices at minimum and I've never had a hiccup in a hockey game. Once I had it lag for a UFC event, but it was only for about a minute between fights.

Maybe it is for the hockey games if there are a lot of viewers?  Like I said, we pay more for a better connection, I have a brand new (less than one year old) router that cost over $200....and everything else we stream is solid.  Just once the games start, it lags, and about every 5-10 minutes it totally locks up and I have to back out of the stream and go back into it to get it to restart.  Even other ESPN plus programs are fine, just the live stream hockey games. I wish I knew why or how to fix it.

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I guess I’ll drive up and buy a ticket and go see it live. 

Bruins-Game-Tix.jpg

This is what's available as of 12:18pm. Note all the red dots (resale) are gone. Only blue dots (box office) are left. Hope Bucci's credit card limit is high enough for all the beer he's buying.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

52 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I have been having a hard time with it watching NHL games.  The quality is awful.  And I don't mean just resolution, I mean the feed freezing, and stuttering.

It seems to only happen during games too.  If I watch an 'old' game it is fine. If I watch one of the other programs on it it is fine. And we have a very good connection with our TV and good internet service (all other streaming services are crystal clear in 4k when available.)

For some reason when I try to watch a game on ESPN plus, the quality just goes way down.

I have a Roku stick on my TV and it's starting to suck.  I think it's not built to stream at the Super HD resolutions or something.  I also have an HDMI connection from my computer and when I watch the game through that (i.e., streaming on my computer and using the TV as an extra monitor and maximizing the feed on that) it seems like I get a better picture.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Well, look who's a Sabres optimist alluva sudden!

Donnie Meatballs just might justify your love.

Let's just say that the past 3 games brought me more joy than the last 3 years. I am not expecting anything this year and would have to see a lot more to actually attend a game. Losing will not bother me as long as they show the effort from start to finish (most nights).

• Like (+1) 6

46 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So far, I've found ESPN+ to be significantly better than nhl.tv.

Separately:  I wonder if Samuelsson skates with the Sabres for the next couple of days and then, depending on how he looks, goes straight into the lineup vs NJ (presumably an easier opponent than Boston)?

Don't look now, but Lindy's got the Devils playing some good hockey.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Maybe it is for the hockey games if there are a lot of viewers?  Like I said, we pay more for a better connection, I have a brand new (less than one year old) router that cost over $200....and everything else we stream is solid.  Just once the games start, it lags, and about every 5-10 minutes it totally locks up and I have to back out of the stream and go back into it to get it to restart.  Even other ESPN plus programs are fine, just the live stream hockey games. I wish I knew why or how to fix it.

Wish I could help. 

28 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Bruins-Game-Tix.jpg

This is what's available as of 12:18pm. Note all the red dots (resale) are gone. Only blue dots (box office) are left. Hope Bucci's credit card limit is high enough for all the beer he's buying.

Good to see there's going to be some people there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Bruins-Game-Tix.jpg

Is that from Sabres.com?  I’d like to follow it to see if John Bucigross is gonna have to pay up. 

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yep but not gonna spoil it.

Did you find it before I posted about it just now?

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Is that from Sabres.com?  I’d like to follow it to see if John Bucigross is gonna have to pay up. 

Hell, if I were the Sabres I'd be calling all local businesses offering tix at DEEP discounts, even free, just to get the butts in the seats to make Bucci pay up.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Norcal said:

I think it's a blackout in Buffalo though(local) so people will need alternatives 

I understand that.  I guess getting almost all the games free is pretty good comparing myself to my family and friends back in Buffalo.

Just to let some others know the Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ bundle gives 3 streams so if some people in Buffalo want to "team" up it's not a bad deal.

You also get the option of the home and away broadcasts.  Not sure if I get that option tonight with the restriction. 

3 hours ago, ubkev said:

Yo, ESPN+ is great. My only beef with it is it rewinds and fast forwards too fast. Fast is good, but there needs to be a 15 second option.

The don’t stay on air for post game show either.  I like to hear Marty and Duffer 

Fans -  I’m betting we have about 12,000 tonight.  Maybe more. 

Edited by Pimlach

5 hours ago, darksabre said:

The Bruins aren't the big bad boys they used to be. Pretty average goaltending, some aging vets in the forward corps. Good players but no real stars. Decidedly beatable. 

Bergeron is looking a little slow but Marchand is Marchand. They look kind of the same imo. They check really well but don't score a lot. Not sure how they'll react if Ullmark lets in a soft one or two but get ready to lament not drafting McAvoy. He impressed the hell out of me and will likely dominate. 

Foligno is out for the game. Pasternak might be ready to break out. 

I'm just excited to see how or if we can measure up at all against our first decent opponent. The first 3 let us play our game, Bruins might not. Will be interesting to see how we adapt and/or adjust. 

and of course...........Ullmark. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Are you saying all the cheap seats are gone? 

Yup. Only box office seats are left. And there are still a bunch of those left. But on StubHub practically nothing!
|https://www.stubhub.com/buffalo-sabres-buffalo-tickets-10-22-2021/event/104909498/?priceWithFees=true

Lucky for Buccigross, unless there is massive walk-up, it will be pretty full but not sold out.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.