GDT: Boston @ Buffalo, Friday, October 22, 7 PM ET, WGR, ESPN+

Doohickie

18 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Maxine Waters.

Not sure if doing right.

It's old thinking, hating the Bruins. It's a new epoch. Let's practice hating the Lightning. We're going to need it sooner than later.

The Bruins will always be hated by me.  It goes back to Phil Esposito making disparaging remarks about our fair city in the early ‘70’s.   

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Maxine Waters.

Not sure if doing right.

It's old thinking, hating the Bruins. It's a new epoch. Let's practice hating the Lightning. We're going to need it sooner than later.

Let's hate the day's opponent above all others.

13 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The Bruins will always be hated by me.  It goes back to Phil Esposito making disparaging remarks about our fair city in the early ‘70’s.   

Hmmm. So maybe that explains one of the mysteries of Sabres history for me. Why Phil was booed so lustily when he took the mic to congratulate Gretzky at the Aud for breaking his goal record.

10 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Let's hate the day's opponent above all others.

That might be fun for the fans. I wonder about the value of hate when it comes to being a professional athlete. I'm not sure where it gets you.

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I will be in attendance tonight. 

RJ asked me to stop by the booth.  Let see how I feel about that.  

You're going to drop that nugget and not tell the story?

• Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Cashman, Park, Jonathan, Milbury, Cheevers, Shoebottom, Neely, Chara, O'Reilly, Lucic, etc...  F them all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Yo, ESPN+ is great. My only beef with it is it rewinds and fast forwards too fast. Fast is good, but there needs to be a 15 second option.

I have been having a hard time with it watching NHL games.  The quality is awful.  And I don't mean just resolution, I mean the feed freezing, and stuttering.

It seems to only happen during games too.  If I watch an 'old' game it is fine. If I watch one of the other programs on it it is fine. And we have a very good connection with our TV and good internet service (all other streaming services are crystal clear in 4k when available.)

For some reason when I try to watch a game on ESPN plus, the quality just goes way down.

So far, I've found ESPN+ to be significantly better than nhl.tv.

Separately:  I wonder if Samuelsson skates with the Sabres for the next couple of days and then, depending on how he looks, goes straight into the lineup vs NJ (presumably an easier opponent than Boston)?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.