Reinhart making quite the impression already...demoted to third line in Florida

matter2003

17 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

He's on a much better winning team. As others have said two games is much too short of a time to make a judgment.

If we get to the 40 game mark of the season and he is on the third line with only about 20-25 points on the season, then we can start to have a legitimate conversation about how good he is again in a different environment. But at this point of the season the conversation can be had but there's not much to support it.

But it's way too early for that and not enough time for him to accumulate some points.

What if he's on the "third" line with 35 or 40 points? For that matter, even using your 50 point season benchmark would we complain if anyone on the Sabres is putting up that kind of production?

1 hour ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

I miss Reinhart more than Eichel and Risto combined. I don’t want him to do well necessarily but I hope he’s happier down in Florida. I hope the fans don’t boo him either when he makes his return to Buffalo 

Empty blue seats can't boo.  😉

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Reinhart and Risto will get polite cheering, Eichel will get a 50/50 reaction that sounds more like boos because boos are more audible on TV

I predict Eichel will get massively booed. 

There are a few Eichel apologists/sympathizers but most in WNY are not. 

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

The tone of the OP -- "See, Reinhart stinks, the Sabres were smart to trade him" -- is the classic bitter-fan-of-a-losing-team crapola.

Gotta love the schadenfreude.  Love the guy when he's on the team placing 10th in NHL in goals .  Now, we'll find any way to validate the trade decision.  

A 2 game sample size?  I guess that settles it. LOL

13 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Was on the first line and wasn't cutting it, so he got a demotion...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/reinhart-wasn-t-cutting-panthers-201349546.html

There is an old tale that i learned as a boy and never forgot

A fox walked up to a grape vine and he was very hungry. He tried to reach the grapes, but couldn't reach. he tried to jump for the grapes but still couldn't reach. He kept at it for hours. He finally begins walking away hungry, and he says to himself,  i didn't want those grapes anyway,  they were probably sour

Edited by miles

37 minutes ago, mudberry said:

Sounds like Florida has some depth

I watched a good chunk of the game tonight.  The third line center, Anton Lundell, a 2020 draft pick is pretty good.  The other wing is Mason Marchment, basically a JAG.  Reinhart is quick to cover defensively which relieves Lundell of some of his defensive liability.  The two seem to complement each other well.

Prior to Reinhart joining Lundell, Lundell wasn't showing anything.  So the Panthers see it as Reino unlocked their rookie.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I watched a good chunk of the game tonight.  The third line center, Anton Lundell, a 2020 draft pick is pretty good.  The other wing is Mason Marchment, basically a JAG.  Reinhart is quick to cover defensively which relieves Lundell of some of his defensive liability.  The two seem to complement each other well.

Prior to Reinhart joining Lundell, Lundell wasn't showing anything.  So the Panthers see it as Reino unlocked their rookie.

So for all the bandwagoneers over excited by 3-0 how does what we have match up?

Ya, that's what I thought.

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

So for all the bandwagoneers over excited by 3-0 how does what we have match up?

I've watched several hockey games this week.  The most noteworthy is probably the Boston-Philly affair.  I could see the Sabres competing well with either team. 

Florida has some excellent talent.  It will be interesting to see how they handle high pressure though.  They're a fluid skating passing team.  Not sure how well they can work around klunky ol' Tage clogging things up in the middle.

At some point, we will run into hard working, talented and disciplined teams.  But in the games I've seen so far, I haven't seen any that I think will destroy us.  Until this season I used to watch other teams play and be amazed at the skill-at-speed they would exhibit.  I think Granato has brought them up to the point where the Sabres at the very least won't look out of place in the NHL.

18 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I've watched several hockey games this week.  The most noteworthy is probably the Boston-Philly affair.  I could see the Sabres competing well with either team. 

Florida has some excellent talent.  It will be interesting to see how they handle high pressure though.  They're a fluid skating passing team.  Not sure how well they can work around klunky ol' Tage clogging things up in the middle.

At some point, we will run into hard working, talented and disciplined teams.  But in the games I've seen so far, I haven't seen any that I think will destroy us.  Until this season I used to watch other teams play and be amazed at the skill-at-speed they would exhibit.  I think Granato has brought them up to the point where the Sabres at the very least won't look out of place in the NHL.

I saw that Boston Philly affair. Don't see us being at that level, but Boston did seem slower at times so maybe if they let us skate we can compete with them. McAvoy is a beast though. Nobody on our side at that level right now. 

10 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I saw that Boston Philly affair. Don't see us being at that level, but Boston did seem slower at times so maybe if they let us skate we can compete with them. McAvoy is a beast though. Nobody on our side at that level right now. 

We'll get a peek tomorrow, eh?  My prediction is that Granato will find even more ways to frustrate the other guys and will catch a couple lucky bounces.  The Baby Sabres will start to believe in themselves and the rest of the league will begin to wonder about them.... could they be for real?

I have been to the mountain.  I have seen it.

Thus endeth the vision.

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Ya, that's what I thought.

How does what we have match up with what? I like how you drop a "ya that's what I thought" after posting a vague question at like 1am and not giving anyone time to respond. 

Are you asking how does Buffalo matchup with Florida? How our 3rd line matches up? How Lundell matches up with our prospects? I don't know what you mean by "what we have". Please expand and then maybe we will find that we don't match up with whatever you are looking at. 

13 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

That was always the problem here. Team rarely if ever demoted players for poor play. Only Skinner really got that treatment. Different story with Florida. They're not going to accept "he always starts slow" as if that's acceptable or normal. 

Teams move players, especially new players around their lineups all the time. It is very common and demotion has less to do with lines and more to do with ice time and special teams time. 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

How does what we have match up with what? I like how you drop a "ya that's what I thought" after posting a vague question at like 1am and not giving anyone time to respond. 

Are you asking how does Buffalo matchup with Florida? How our 3rd line matches up? How Lundell matches up with our prospects? I don't know what you mean by "what we have". Please expand and then maybe we will find that we don't match up with whatever you are looking at. 

Teams move players, especially new players around their lineups all the time. It is very common and demotion has less to do with lines and more to do with ice time and special teams time. 

Hey man, you haven't attacked or critiqued me in a while I've missed ya . Kisses. 

1am for you is 10 pm for me. I've been around long enough and said it enough times for you to realize I'm on the west coast but if you still want to believe I post late so you can't respond go ahead, it's all about you after all.  Reality is I often come in late by your standards, nothing I can do about that. Bottom line, not sure why you typed your sentence.

The point was pretty clear if you stop to think for a second. Reinhart was our best player end of last season. Don't think you'd disagree with that would you? In any event, assuming he is playing at the same level, he'd be our best player this year. In Florida, he's a third liner. Is there really more that needs to be added????

If you want to believe we measure up to teams like that well, I'm really not sure what to say to you. I guess.........

54 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Hey man, you haven't attacked or critiqued me in a while I've missed ya . Kisses. 

1am for you is 10 pm for me. I've been around long enough and said it enough times for you to realize I'm on the west coast but if you still want to believe I post late so you can't respond go ahead, it's all about you after all.  Reality is I often come in late by your standards, nothing I can do about that. Bottom line, not sure why you typed your sentence.

The point was pretty clear if you stop to think for a second. Reinhart was our best player end of last season. Don't think you'd disagree with that would you? In any event, assuming he is playing at the same level, he'd be our best player this year. In Florida, he's a third liner. Is there really more that needs to be added????

If you want to believe we measure up to teams like that well, I'm really not sure what to say to you. I guess.........

After reading through 2 paragraphs of your boring complaining.... I typed my sentence because you put this "Ya, that's what I thought." and considering you should know that most of the board was asleep, seemed odd. 

If you look at the TOI instead of just making up which lines you want to be 3rd, you would know that Sam Reinhart ranks as 5th in ice time just behind Lundell for forwards. Because of Florida's depth I would surmise that the line with the 2nd most ice time each night would vary slightly depending on what is working and what is not. The Barkov line will obviously be first. 

Thanks for the snarky ***** response. I expected as much when you posted some vague garbage at 1am and knew if I dared question you I would get something like this. Honestly I wonder if you are friends with someone else on the board as you both generate the same tone to being questioned for vague reactionary takes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.