Balanced Scoring

inkman

39 minutes ago, inkman said:

It’s early but I like seeing the scoring spread among the entire roster.  Something about Zemgus and Okposo being at the top warms the cockles of my heart. Good seeing Skinner get off and Miller not looking like a disaster as well.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/teams/BUF/buffalo-sabres/stats/regular/

46C5B6FE-99AF-4169-9641-F449252F2908.png

I was looking at stats this morning too and notice the Sabres skaters aren't in the top 20 for any scoring stats or TOI.  To me this is a testament to Granato's coaching ability and system, and just as importantly the players willingness to buy in.  This is exactly what I was hoping to see for this team because it is the only way I can see them having sustained success this season. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

I was looking at stats this morning too and notice the Sabres skaters aren't in the top 20 for any scoring stats or TOI.  To me this is a testament to Granato's coaching ability and system, and just as importantly the players willingness to buy in.  This is exactly what I was hoping to see for this team because it is the only way I can see them having sustained success this season. 

But we top the special teams list, though! That's good. Still no PP goals against. Would be great to shut down Bruins PP

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

But we top the special teams list, though! That's good. Still no PP goals against. Would be great to shut down Bruins PP

100%.  I lump those into team stats because it I think it says more about the system than individual player.   I would even venture to say Friday's game may very well come down to the Sabres success on the PP and PK that night.

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Imagine how many more points Miller would have if he changed his stick and didn't wiff so often.

...eh, maybe he'd have less.

Something something Alexei Zhitnik something something 😁

• Thanks (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Imagine how many more points Miller would have if he changed his stick and didn't wiff so often.

...eh, maybe he'd have less.

I noticed this last night as well. His stick looked like it had a hole in it. 

25 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I said 6 @20, but I may have been drinking when I did. lol 

25 or 6 to 4.  

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, inkman said:

It’s early but I like seeing the scoring spread among the entire roster.  Something about Zemgus and Okposo being at the top warms the cockles of my heart. Good seeing Skinner get off and Miller not looking like a disaster as well.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/teams/BUF/buffalo-sabres/stats/regular/

46C5B6FE-99AF-4169-9641-F449252F2908.png

Glad I’m not the only one who likes to see Skinner get off. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.