Looks like John Hayden will be in the lineup against the Brooins?

inkman

Should John Hayden be in the lineup against the Brooins?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need his size and toughness against Boston?

• Absolutely
    • Can’t change the lineup during a win streak
    • Who?

34 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

BTW, I read yesterday that Hayden went to Yale, continuing a somewhat interesting (to me, anyway) string of NHL enforcers from top universities (e.g. George Parros from Princeton, Tanner Glass from Dartmouth, etc.)

It’s weird.  Maybe they are smart enough to figure out their hockey skills aren’t gonna be enough so they embrace the only role they can.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

It’s weird.  Maybe they are smart enough to figure out their hockey skills aren’t gonna be enough so they embrace the only role they can.  

I went to RPI, which at least in those days was in the same athletic division with the Ivy League schools for hockey.  RPI is pretty rigorous academically.  We had a good hockey team in those days, and the hockey players were dumb as rocks, but just like top football programs they were spoonfed their classes to get good enough grades to stay on the team.  RPI is an engineering school.  Most of the hockey players were "Engineering Management" majors which was the least challenging major we had. 

Bottom line:  Just because they went to an Ivy League school doesn't mean a hockey player is particularly smart.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.