Looks like John Hayden will be in the lineup against the Brooins?

inkman

Should John Hayden be in the lineup against the Brooins?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need his size and toughness against Boston?

• Absolutely
    • Can’t change the lineup during a win streak
    • Who?

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I think the Sabres should seriously consider putting John Hayden in the lineup against Boston.  Enough getting treated like their little brother.  Let’s punch them in the face.

I know it’s somewhat traditional for superstitious coaches to keep lineups intact so I’ll understand if Donnie Meatballs doesn’t make the change.  

Hinostroza the odd man

• inkman changed the title to Looks like John Hayden will be in the lineup against the Brooins?
5 minutes ago, inkman said:

I would have shamefully applauded this news before the season but I’m not so sure now.  I thinks Kyle and Z are carrying the mail for that line but Eakin hasn’t stunk out loud.  

Agreed. He's been replaceable, but useful.

17 minutes ago, inkman said:

I would have shamefully applauded this news before the season but I’m not so sure now.  I thinks Kyle and Z are carrying the mail for that line but Eakin hasn’t stunk out loud.  

Call up Sean Malone, or Ryan MacInnis from Rochester?

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Meh.

The key to beating them won’t be by beating on them. It will be how Eakin does in replacing Larry in shutting down their top line.

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

If someone needs a rest because they're banged up then sure. I don't see the point in sitting someone that is productive for him. 

It appears that the opportunity may have arisen.

Fists of Fury lets GO!!!

Thats not the way they play the game anymore but I am glad the Sabres addressed team toughness without bringing in a Ryan Reaves type. 

You need to be able to protect yourselves. 

I think Hayden has lost his last three fights but he took on some heavyweights so I'll give him a pass. 

Side note: did anyone see Marcus superman punch last night?

Miss that man!!

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, inkman said:

I think the Sabres should seriously consider putting John Hayden in the lineup against Boston.  Enough getting treated like their little brother.  Let’s punch them in the face.

Seriously? You think adding one guy like Hayden will make the Bruins quake in their skates? Come on man, the little rat Marchand would be able to take Hayden on by himself. Adding one slightly tough guy isn't going to phase them at all, it just might make them mad and if they start hitting us, it'll be a team thing, and we'd need a half dozen Haydens to match up. 

Now maybe if we'd never traded that guy above.

Edited by PerreaultForever

15 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Seriously? You think adding one guy like Hayden will make the Bruins quake in their skates? Come on man, the little rat Marchand would be able to take Hayden on by himself. Adding one slightly tough guy isn't going to phase them at all, it just might make them mad and if they start hitting us, it'll be a team thing, and we'd need a half dozen Haydens to match up. 

Hayden can step up if he has to and keep  Cozens from having to do it.

Hagg and Miller make it atleast 3 in the lineup who can provide a face to punch,if needed.

Besides, the bs aren't the big bad Bs that they used to be and the object of the game is not to fight.

If the bs get upset at the pesky play and want to take umbrage, atleast there is some toughness available. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Sigh.  Who said anything about quaking in their skates. I just want someone on the ce that can hurt them.  

9 hours ago, Norcal said:

I like it more with the lead arm; more unorthodox. But I get it coming from the same side as the leg feint, as the opponent likely drops the level of his defense some to counter the kick action.

Of course, a kick isn't a real threat in a hockey fight (that I know of, historically), so that makes this...awesome-slash-hilarious?

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I'd like to see Brett Murray as the first callup from Rochester. Based on his last season (on a weak team) and his training camp I think he's about ready to be a full time big leaguer.

Actually, yes.  I was looking at centers, but Girgs could play center if need be, and even Okie could.  Okie's actually good on FOs this year:  70.43% leads the team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.