Looks like John Hayden will be in the lineup against the Brooins?

inkman

Should John Hayden be in the lineup against the Brooins?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need his size and toughness against Boston?

• Absolutely
    • Can’t change the lineup during a win streak
    • Who?

I think the Sabres should seriously consider putting John Hayden in the lineup against Boston.  Enough getting treated like their little brother.  Let’s punch them in the face.

I know it’s somewhat traditional for superstitious coaches to keep lineups intact so I’ll understand if Donnie Meatballs doesn’t make the change.  

Edited by inkman

*takes deep breath, choosing to ignore every instinct I usually have on these types of things*

I'd put him in and let him kick ass, even if it costs us a penalty or two, and the game. 

The long-con approach here earned by way of their first 3 games. 

58 minutes ago, inkman said:

I think the Sabres should seriously consider putting John Hayden in the lineup against Boston.  Enough getting treated like their little brother.  Let’s punch them in the face.

I know it’s somewhat traditional for superstitious coaches to keep lineups intact so I’ll understand if Donnie Meatballs doesn’t make the change.  

50 minutes ago, Thorny said:

*takes deep breath, choosing to ignore every instinct I usually have on these types of things*

I'd put him in and let him kick ass, even if it costs us a penalty or two, and the game. 

The long-con approach here earned by way of their first 3 games. 

I'm with you guys.  Why not?  Is Granato going to be fined for player selection?

36 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don’t think the Bruins are who you think they are.

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/roster

Separately, to your question, sure, why not? Like what I saw from Hayden.

Who comes out?

I know they're still the Bruins and they need to be taught a lesson.  That's enough for me.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Meh.

The key to beating them won’t be by beating on them. It will be how Eakin does in replacing Larry in shutting down their top line.

Its true. But for one day I'm not put off by the idea of putting it out there into the ether that the buffalo sabres will stand up for themselves against physical intimidation. That the Bruins "aren't that team" anymore doesn't really matter - the perception of what the Bruins are, though, does. 

The Sabres are getting a smidgen of attention league wide because of their start - that they'd send a bit of a message while they have a few more eyes doesn't seem absurd to me, at least. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Meh.

The key to beating them won’t be by beating on them. It will be how Eakin does in replacing Larry in shutting down their top line.

This I agree with, but I'd still put him in there.  He is tough as nails and can still play the game at a decent level.  He won't be a hinderance out there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

I wouldn’t rule out Cozens either.  He hasn’t looked great. Maybe a game from the press box with get him on track. 

I don't think you can take him out after he registered two helpers from strong on-puck plays though

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Thorny said:

Its true. But for one day I'm not put off by the idea of putting it out there into the ether that the buffalo sabres will stand up for themselves against physical intimidation. That the Bruins "aren't that team" anymore doesn't really matter - the perception of what the Bruins are, though, does. 

The dastardly Bruins are and will always be 'that team'.

• Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Maybe not an exact position match, but I would consider sitting Olafsson.

This surprises me. I would think Olofsson would be among the least likely to get benched. He's produced, he's looked pretty good, and his line has completely tilted the ice.

I think the "might rotate in and out" brigade most likely includes R2, Hayden, Caggiula, Eakin, Bjork and maybe Hinostroza, with Cozens ('just needs to watch a game from the press box') and Okposo ('just needs a rest') on the outskirts. But really, no one would completely shock me. And so far, no one really "deserves" to be pulled.

Replaceable parts is really a theme of this roster.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.