Nice win against Vancouver. But we all know it doesn't really count because...

matter2003

Why didn't the Sabres win against Vancouver "really count"?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Because...

• The Sabres can't really be this good
    • Vancouver sucks(like every other team the Sabres beat)
    • Buffalo got lucky---again
    • Vancouver didn't really care about winning

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Because Matt Larkin says so!

(Posting this for the replies it got; he gets taken to task to a reasonable degree)

The 5 stages of media Sabres takes:

1) Sabres will be the worst team EVER!
2) Look at who the Sabres beat. They still stink!
3) The Sabres have won games before. Don't start planning the cup parade just yet.
4) This is simply unsustainable. There's no way they make the playoffs.
5) Hey, how about those plucky Sabres!

16 minutes ago, Curt said:

This win didn’t really count, because I told everyone before the season that the Sabres would be awful, and I desperately need the validation of being right about this.

Like with Josh Allen.

I’d like to know who Matt is talking about? Because 99% of Sabres fans that have any type of memory, are well aware of the hot start they had a few years ago, and by no means are planning any kind of playoff berth let alone Stanley cup celebrations. I have a feeling he’s just making crap up for the clicks. Typical troll style.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

3) The Sabres have won games before. Don't start planning the cup parade just yet.

Like with Josh Allen.

I mean, it's been an alternate stage 5 for the last several years lol. Namely, "see?". But I hear you - some of the stuff out there does seem like they actively don't want the fans to enjoy the wins as they come

6 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Nice win, can't wait to see them play the Bruins but am kind of nervous those damn Bruins will ruin our dreams again, lol. 

Also, interested to see them play on the road. All home games so far. 

maybe, but I think they are going to play Ullmark for his first game of the year and if we don't know his weaknesses we are less than smart and deserve to lose. 

What I need to see is how we respond if another team plays us physical . Not sure the Bruins will do that, but they are capable as we all know if they so desire. Vancouver's D let us float around the front of the net and in the slot with very little opposition. It shouldn't be that easy for any team. 

It is amazing how much the Media and other fans enjoy kicking the Sabres....look what a short three game win streak brings out of them.

They are all a bunch of mutts, some day we will all enjoy pissing them off full time.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Like with Josh Allen.

4 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

It is amazing how much the Media and other fans enjoy kicking the Sabres....look what a short three game win streak brings out of them.

They are all a bunch of mutts, some day we will all enjoy pissing them off full time.

What the hell? I think my handbook got lost in the mail 

Let’s be honest, a hot start is great but we haven’t exactly beaten the top teams. The teams we have beaten are 1-8-2 so far this season.  Two are Western teams on the road.  Great effort and great start so far, but beat Boston on Friday and then win some road games and then we can start to say we are on the right road.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

Granato said that conditioning would be and has been stressed.

It still counts, I just think that once teams start to get into midseason conditioning and catch up to where the Sabres may already be, the teams with more talent will start to win more and our losses will start to pile up.

At least it'll be infinitely more watchable hockey than last year (1st half).

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Granato said that conditioning would be and has been stressed.

It still counts, I just think that once teams start to get into midseason conditioning and catch up to where the Sabres may already be, the teams with more talent will start to win more and our losses will start to pile up.

At least it'll be infinitely more watchable hockey than last year (1st half).

And the style of hockey will change too.  We see it every season after Thanksgiving.   Teams tighten up, and they start playing with more intensity. I’m really not expecting this team to keep a winning pace once the season is really rolling and the standings are scrutinized.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Weave said:

And the style of hockey will change too.  We see it every season after Thanksgiving.   Teams tighten up, and they start playing with more intensity. I’m really not expecting this team to keep a winning pace once the season is really rolling and the standings are scrutinized.

Me neither.

But I am not going to let this get in the way of enjoying this while it lasts, or prevent me from hoping that it might be creating the proper culture for the new talent to walk into.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SabresFanInRochester said:

G) Because ownership sucks and since nothing has changed with ownership the team must still suck.

Nothing but sarcasm above, but it kills me that so many fans thought the team was horrible because of Kim Pegula; now their myopic mind and silly rants just ride off into the sunset without accountability of how absurd their claim was. AND, some will even double down and Kim is still to blame and that it took to long to build the right culture. And then point to their reckless decision to lay off Harbor Center employees at the start of Covid in 2020. The remainder will say Kim must not be involving herself day-to-day anymore and that explains the sudden surge in team performance.

We won 3 friggen games, still 79 to go.  Nothing is fixed yet and “the right culture” is still a work in progress.  Let’s see were we are in February.  

I completely agree that Kim not involved in the day to day hockey operations (or the football operations) is a good thing.  Hire them right people and let them go.  

Edited by Pimlach

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Me neither.

But I am not going to let this get in the way of enjoying this while it lasts, or prevent me from hoping that it might be creating the proper culture for the new talent to walk into.

Absolutely.

I want to call all this irrational exuberance, but after the last 7 seasons any exuberance might be irrational.  🤣

• Thanks (+1) 1

Oh the humanity ! Its not them its us. Its not that they were good, our guys simply didn’t show up. Its not like they outplayed us, we took them too lightly.  How on earth could we lose to that completely terrible and retchid franchise ?

some of the shite i swear i heard on Vancouver sport radio today. That and fans calling for the coach , the g.m. And the stick boy to be fired because gasp...we lost to the worst group of hockey players in the universe. Completely over the top over reaction. I loved every minute of it. Well except the part where they call themselves the best fans in hockey. That was a bit much.

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Like with Josh Allen.

#5 reminds me of “The Comeback Kids.”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.