GDT: Buffalo vs Vancouver 10/19/21 7 pm MSG

bob_sauve28

Can’t complain about 3 wins in a row. They lost bounces early and never gave up. They skate and pass all day. Lots of missed passes but it’s more importantly not all telegraphed and contained like it used to be. The chemistry will come as the season goes on. 

I used to get frustrated trying to survive the minutes into Jacks line got on so there was a chance to score. Now I can’t even keep track of the rotation nor care.  They’re all equally contributing. 

Edited by triumph_communes
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, French Collection said:

Canucks broadcast crew can’t believe they lost to Detroit and Buffalo. If I recall, Vancouver finished last in the Canadian division, behind Ottawa.

Suck it!

I listened to them all game. They were very entertaining. From the beginning of the game, and even in the end, they were still saying how bad the Sabres are. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

Sabre players are so better conditioned so far compared to their opponents.  Great job.

Through two periods I thought it was pretty even; the Canucks were keeping up and even out-hustling us for periods, but they couldn't sustain it to the end.

We could.

• Like (+1) 1

The MVP in this game was Anderson. When you have good NHL caliber of goaltending its transformative. 

The Sabres have played three games and nine periods. I can not recall one period in these games in which I can say the team didn't play hard. 

The style of play is fast, tight play and north/south play. In these three games there were few times in which they were bottled in their zone. 

I'm happy for Skinner scoring a goal. But more importantly he is playing responsibly and with grit. There is no more loose and floating play. Coaching makes a difference!

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Well, I don’t know about that, the hardest working team in hockey had some pretty good players, aside from Dom.

The original hardest working team in hockey had a lot of misfits and Dom. 

This team has a lot of hungry players and some misfits, and Don. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

2 minutes ago, freester said:

How many more wins until Eichel says he wants to remain a Sabre ?

I don't care about Eichel but I was thinking that players on other teams are going to start to want to come here again because the style of play looks fun.  Keep it coming boys.  Well done tonight.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.