GDT: Buffalo vs Vancouver 10/19/21 7 pm MSG

bob_sauve28

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/10-19-2021/vancouver-canucks-vs-buffalo-sabres-prediction-1369/

The Vancouver Canucks will be trying to pick up their second win of the season when they face the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday night. The Canucks are coming off a 3-1 loss to Detroit. The Sabres are coming off a 2-1 win over Phoenix.

Vancouver is 7-2-1 in its last 10 games against Buffalo.

Canucks Trying To Bounce Back From Loss

The Canucks are off to a slow start after losing two of their first three games. They will try to bounce back from their loss to the Red Wings with a win over the Sabres, which will give them their fourth consecutive win over Buffalo.

Vancouver is averaging 2.33 goals per game. They scored one goal on 41 shots in their last game.

Conor Garland scored the lone goal for Vancouver, while Bo Horvat and Tanner Pearson picked up an assist.

Vancouver has struggled defensively, giving up three goals per game. They gave up three goals in their last game and will need to do a better job if they want to win this game.

Sabres Going For Third Consecutive Win

The Sabres are off to a good start after winning their first two games. They will try to keep the momentum going with a win over the Canucks, which will give them their third win in a row.

Always hug your goalie 😁#BudLightCelly | @Budlight pic.twitter.com/SZ3t7YdGPJ

— Buffalo Sabres (@BuffaloSabres) October 16, 2021

Buffalo is averaging three goals per game. They scored two goals on 33 shots in their last game.

Cody Eakin scored the lone goal in regulation for the Sabres, while Drake Caggiula and Rasmus Dahlin picked up an assist.

Buffalo has done a great job defensively, giving up two goals in two games. They gave up one goal in their last game and will need to keep it up if they want to get the win.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I'm hoping for a win over the Canucks but I think they will be a much better opponent than what we have faced this year so far.  A good test for the young Sabres.

A couple of things of interest for me on their team.  Vasily Podkolzin (RW) was taken 10th overall in the 2019 draft.  He's looked good so far scoring in his first game.  He was a player that I was hoping we could get in a Reinhart trade with them but I think the Sabres wanted the 1st round pick as the priority.

Also Oliver Ekman-Larsson (OEL) to see how he his playing after leaving Arizona.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Anderson in net 

Would've rather gone Tokarski tonight & Anderson on Friday.

Expecting now w/ 2 full days rest between them that Anderson gets both those games.  But really want to keep his starts limited as really don't see him able to play like he did Thursday night more than 30 times this year.  They need him more against the B's.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Would've rather gone Tokarski tonight & Anderson on Friday.

Expecting now w/ 2 full days rest between them that Anderson gets both those games.  But really want to keep his starts limited as really don't see him able to play like he did Thursday night more than 30 times this year.  They need him more against the B's.

I am really hoping that they play him once every 7 days and on back-to-backs only for the first few months no matter the opponents.  Let Tokarski take the *easy* minutes early in the season. When it gets tough come February I would like Anderson not be worn out and give them some good games when the games really matter to a lot of teams trying to make the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Usually when Buffalo sports are flying high, the bubble gets burst thoroughly and cruelly.  Last night felt like the first shoe to drop.

Maybe it'll be different this time.

Last night was the inevitable result of coming into a game with a little too much hype. It was a well-timed punch in the nose going into the bye week. I don't think the Sabres are there yet. But we didn't blow out the Yotes either. So don't let your intensity flag , boys.

I'm seeing Asplund replacing Girgensons down low on PP1?

Good call, IMO. I like what Rasmus does close to the net. Not as big as Girg, but a better decision-maker and just as tenacious.

Semi-related, I think he's been the Sabres best defensive forward so far this year.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I'm seeing Asplund replacing Girgensons down low on PP1?

Good call, IMO. I like what Rasmus does close to the net. Not as big as Girg, but a better decision-maker and just as tenacious.

Semi-related, I think he's been the Sabres best defensive forward so far this year.

Asplund is better there than Girgensons, but Ruotsalainen excels there and now that he's back in the lineup should get that job.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.