Welcome to the Sabres Will Butcher

Nozlen

Today you get to show your strengths and how you are a better fit in a Granato Gameplan then a Lindy Gameplan.

Look for a willing body to block shots and for him clogging shooting lanes, and him making a few great passes on the offensive side.

Weakness is he is not a good on puck defender and can not carry a puck out of a defensive zone.

Prediction:

2+ Shot Blocks

1 Assist

Might see him on 2nd Team Power Play as well

I think Will is better then Joki at making shooters take tougher shots and he takes more chances in the offensive zone, but my worry is his chances sometimes come in conflict with his zone coverage or forechecking. I still believe he is a great fit for the gameplan.

Now on the flip side I have never been a fan of Henri Jokiharju and never saw what people where so impressed about when it came to him, other then he was young, but admittedly he looked good in the first game, but to me the jury is still out on him.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Our weak link on defense right now 

Why do you say this?

I haven’t noticed him a ton, but generally that’s a good thing.

Small sample size, but statistically, his fancystats look real good at the moment, although I’d say he’s being boosted a bit by Dahlin, who has been fantastic.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

Why do you say this?

I haven’t noticed him a ton, but generally that’s a good thing.

Small sample size, but statistically, his fancystats look real good at the moment, although I’d say he’s being boosted a bit by Dahlin, who has been fantastic.

I’ve been watching him, so maybe I’m overly critical looking for mistakes, but seems like he coughs up puck a lot and not a great defender. I get he has his good side

On 10/23/2021 at 9:23 AM, bob_sauve28 said:

Our weak link on defense right now 

No idea who you are watching, but this guy has played absolutely well.

He is a shooting lane defender not a on puck defender but he has done the best job clearing probably on the defense and filled in nicely on the PP. He has made two great long passes that lead to a breakaway that did not score, and he is taking shots from the Blueline that opens up the chance for rebounds up front.

8 hours ago, Nozlen said:

No idea who you are watching, but this guy has played absolutely well.

He is a shooting lane defender not a on puck defender but he has done the best job clearing probably on the defense and filled in nicely on the PP. He has made two great long passes that lead to a breakaway that did not score, and he is taking shots from the Blueline that opens up the chance for rebounds up front.

He was excellent against New Jersey 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.