GDT: The Wiley Coyotes 1pm Puck Drop. Harvest Festival.

steveoath

Owned the game yet stoned by a hot goalie.  Tokarski is a liability but he showed up to get us 2. 

Its clear outside of Dahlin we lack talent. The compete is there though. The game isn’t boring as sin anymore either. Really talented teams will make us look silly but let’s wait and see.  Skinner needs better linemates to be unlocked.  Injuries come free and we improve. Eichel trade finished and maybe we improve again. Looks like I’ll be watching games here for a bit. 

Some quick observations. The Sabres have played 6 periods. The style of gritty play has been consistent in all of the periods. 

Granato moving Thompson to center has worked. A really smart move that gave the gangly player more room to maneuver. 

Eakon has been very solid. He went from a scorned player to a player who has played well. He is an effort player.

Skinner is playing like a committed two way player. 

Bryson is coming on. When a young player plays well the near future looks much more upbeat. 

In two games the Sabres got not only good goaltending but also clutch backstopping. When that happens you can keep up in most games. 

I'm hoping the fans come back because the players are putting in the effort to win back their support. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Owned the game yet stoned by a hot goalie.  Tokarski is a liability but he showed up to get us 2. 

Its clear outside of Dahlin we lack talent. The compete is there though. The game isn’t boring as sin anymore either. Really talented teams will make us look silly but let’s wait and see.  Skinner needs better linemates to be unlocked.  Injuries come free and we improve. Eichel trade finished and maybe we improve again. Looks like I’ll be watching games here for a bit. 

Who’d have thought that moving your feet would win you loose pucks, and carry the play?

It’s a shame Sam and Jack didn’t pan out, but if there’s a positive somewhere, it’s that this is a skating team now.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Some quick observations. The Sabres have played 6 periods. The style of gritty play has been consistent in all of the periods. 

Granato moving Thompson to center has worked. A really smart move that gave the gangly player more room to maneuver. 

Eakon has been very solid. He went from a scorned player to a player who has played well. He is an effort player.

Skinner is playing like a committed two way player. 

Bryson is coming on. When a young player plays well the near future looks much more upbeat. 

In two games the Sabres got not only good goaltending but also clutch backstopping. When that happens you can keep up in most games. 

I'm hoping the fans come back because the players are putting in the effort to win back their support. 

This ^^^

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

The team played hard and deserved the 2 points.

Can someone please get Cozens to calm down and simplify his game. He's so determined to replace Eichel offensively that he's over playing the puck. Thankfully his off the puck work is still solid. 

Dahlin played like a 1D that was a #1 Pick. He actually played as a RD most of the night and slowly seemed to get a grip on Butcher's strengths and weaknesses. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Nice win against a bad team. Only one other comment…I hate what OT has become with this puck possession boring crap…especially when a team has possession in the offensive zone and skates it back out.  👎

I know I am in the minority but I've been saying 3 v 3 sucks for years. It's not hockey and doesn't resemble real hockey any more than a shootout does imo 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.