GDT: The Wiley Coyotes 1pm Puck Drop. Harvest Festival.

steveoath

45 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Hate ties with a passion

OT either 3v3 or 4v4 is good for me. Although I wish they'd go 10 minutes.

I'm on the opposite side. I don't like to use the word hate, but I really do not like that some games are worth 2 points when others are worth 3.

My preference would be 5 x 5 for a sudden death overtime period of 10 minutes. If there is no winner after that, it's 1 point each.

The whole hockey game turning into a skills test is not appealing to me. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kristian said:

Should be a rule against carrying the puck back out in 3 on 3 OT.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Maybe make an OT rule that passing or possessing the puck backwards out of the offensive zone is a whistle?

I really think this dismisses how tiring 3v3 is. It's not like you can dump it into the corner and change all three players. 

• Like (+1) 2

Yotes look more like a Ted Nolan style tank team to me. With all the draft picks they have and likely more at this year's deadline they will be able to build an interesting team around Wright if their plan works. Horrible hack hockey team right now. But....

Dahlin played really well. Granato might want to rethink his Jokiharju Dahlin pairing. This was the first game in a long while where I saw signs of Dahlin's potential future greatness. Nice to see.  Thompson's maybe okay at center after all. Overall, while I don't think this effort would win against a good team, it is really nice to see the comradery and team spirit developing. Actual smiles on faces. 

Cozen's inability to finish is starting to worry me a little but we shall see. Some real ineptitude in the OT from both sides but hey, nice shootout goals. Undefeated!

Best takeaway for me, is this team is passing the puck so much better than the last few years and playing with more unity. It's promising. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, SDS said:

I really think this dismisses how tiring 3v3 is. It's not like you can dump it into the corner and change all three players. 

The way 3 on 3 is played now is just conservative coaching strategy.  There was nothing close to this type of 3 on 3 play when they first implemented it.  The coaches have taken an exciting part of the game, and made it boring more often than not. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SDS said:

That's the point.  It would counteract the way some teams hold the puck interminably without doing anything with it.

Edited by Doohickie

1 minute ago, Sabel79 said:

Didn’t get to watch this one, sounds like the boys did well.  

Annual complaint that overtime as currently construed and the shootout are both abominations before god or whatever.  Games should end in ties.  

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Thanks, Gramps, but we already covered that.  😉

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I took the misses out today for wine tasting and a picnic.  Punch has a soft side too. 

Miseed the game but I did check the score a few times.  Glad to see another W, even with a shootout, I’ll take any W anytime.  

Sounds like a nice afternoon 🍷

• Thanks (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, SDS said:

This. Possession is paramount in OT and if skating or passing the puck out of your zone to get fresh legs on the ice helps to keep it, then you do it. 

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

In His Post Game Presser, Granato mentioned How impressive Dahlin was playing on the Right Side Today. 

Two of the replies to this tweet were about how well Dahlin played RHD in Frolunda. 

If He can play this well moving forward, that removes a lot of the pressure on the D Pipeline. 

A Power-Dahlin Top Pairing is intriguing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, Brawndo said:

In His Post Game Presser, Granato mentioned How impressive Dahlin was playing on the Right Side Today. 

Two of the replies to this tweet were about how well Dahlin played RHD in Frolunda. 

If He can play this well moving forward, that removes a lot of the pressure on the D Pipeline. 

Definitely. I've been skeptical of Dahlin moving to the right side, but if it works, it works 

Probably still lean towards playing Dahlin and Power on separate pairs though except in certain situations 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Who knew that letting players do what they do best would be a good idea 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.