GDT: The Wiley Coyotes 1pm Puck Drop. Harvest Festival.

steveoath

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Nice win against a bad team. Only One other comment…I hate what OT has become with this puck possession boring crap…especially when a team has possession in the offensive zone and skates it back out.  👎

Should be a rule against carrying the puck back out in 3 on 3 OT.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Nice win against a bad team. Only One other comment…I hate what OT has become with this puck possession boring crap…especially when a team has possession in the offensive zone and skates it back out.  👎

Maybe make an OT rule that passing or possessing the puck backwards out of the offensive zone is a whistle?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

I know I am in the minority but I've been saying 3 v 3 sucks for years. It's not hockey and doesn't resemble real hockey any more than a shootout does imo 

I'd be OK with a 4 on 4 10 minute again or simply just one more period of 5 on 5, then shootout or just call it a tie. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'd be OK with a 4 on 4 10 minute again or simply just one more period of 5 on 5, then shootout or just call it a tie. 

Ya, ties are another thing I'm in the minority on. Totally good with them in the regular season. Shootouts and winning/losing there-in always feels a bit cheaper to me 

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Maybe make an OT rule that passing or possessing the puck backwards out of the offensive zone is a whistle?

Exactly. Treat it as an offsides in a reverse fashion.  As long as teams don't keep doing it anyway leading to so many whistles.

Edited by mjd1001

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ya, ties are another thing I'm in the minority on. Totally good with them in the regular season. Shootouts and winning/losing there-in always feels a bit cheaper to me 

I like shootouts because it gives players a chance to test their skills one on one vs the Goaltender. The win didn't feel cheap to me today, but after all the hard work through 3 periods I get where your coming from I suppose. 

When you see a team win like we did today after skating so well its hard not to start feeling a little optimistic about the season.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Figster said:

I like shootouts because it gives players a chance to test their skills one on one vs the Goaltender. The win didn't feel cheap to me today, but after all the hard work through 3 periods I get where your coming from I suppose. 

When you see a team win like we did today after skating so well its hard not to start feeling a little optimistic about the season.

Wasn't speaking about today - just in general. I'd be good with 4 v 4 OT then a tie or even just a tie, honestly

• Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I wonder if John is watching the Sabres games?

Nah, he’s too busy with the Red Sahx and the Bruins open at home tonight. 

20 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I was at a festival all day and missed it. I used to tell myself I’d never root for losses again. I was lying. I hope this team is miserable and getting the first pick isn’t even the number one motivation behind it.

WTF?

29 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I was at a festival all day and missed it. I used to tell myself I’d never root for losses again. I was lying. I hope this team is miserable and getting the first pick isn’t even the number one motivation behind it.

Go back to your festival, Jack.

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

enough with the eakin gifs 

No, he scored today, so it's okay.

joe dirt 2 day GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

That said, I remain skeptical they can maintain this style of play as the season wears on.

I fully agree.  To me the challenge for Granato is can he evolve this team's system to take advantage of the growth of the young core?  I like to think he can.  If the Sabres win another few games they will no longer being flying under the radar.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.