The After The Whistle Podcast with Andrew Peters and Craig Rivet Will Be Starting Soon

Brawndo

14 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Nice! I understand the criticisms people have of the show but I've listened to it for so long that I miss the banter between these two. I haven't really liked the 1 hr show WGR switched to with Duffer and Marty as it feels like it's 40 minutes of Duff trying to reign in Marty. 

Agreed. It's not as good.

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

For real. How many sponsors can actually be out there? How much money does simplisafe and that electric razor company for your balls possibly have?

Lol.  I hate those commercials.  They are annoying, off putting, inappropriate for children, and I don’t want to be that guy, but if  the subject matter was women instead of men, there is no way it would be allowed.

• Haha (+1) 1

I see that Nick Kypreos is back on Sportsnet with "Real Kyper and Bourne" from 3 to 5pm weekdays after just having a podcast for a year.  Kypreos is kind of a jerk when he talks about the Sabres but he's not too bad to listen to with some of the guests he gets on the show.  So it is possible to go from just having a podcast to going back onto mainstream sports radio again.

So perhaps Peters / Rivet can do well enough to find another radio spot in the future.  I assume that they won't just talk Sabres.  I hope that they do well and have some fun.  I'll give their show a chance. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Brawndo said:

They will be on three days a week.

Weekly Guests will include Elliott Friedman, Brian Gionta and Jeremy Roenick and current as well as former players. 

Usually it costs $$$ to get an A-list reporter on a show. I wonder who is covering that nut. (Maybe Pat Brisson?) Seems odd Elliot, a guy in demand, would make time for two jamokes just getting started. Also a bit surprised this show wasn't ready to roll with the street of the NHL season. Sloppy.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm going to predict this show doesn't make it to 2022.

Realistically, it can probably go as long as it likes. There's not much required budget for making a podcast, and those two should have plenty of money from their playing days to live a middle-class lifestyle (or more spendy in Rivet's case) that this could make zero money and last forever. I'm not sure if they're employing producers or anything, however.

On 10/15/2021 at 11:26 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Sponsors don't buy individual podcasts. They buy a platform that hosts them. No matter show you listen to, you get the same ads.

Interesting, many of the podcasts I listen to have the hosts reading copy (like an old-school radio broadcast), that seems like it'd be difficult to have different copy for different platforms. For that matter, I listen through Player.FM[0] right now, so I wonder how many platforms they shell out for.

I wonder if there are slots like sports TV, where there are "national" that are everywhere, but then a set of slots for "local" (platform) ads.

[0] I don't particularliy recommend them. It's fine, but sync across devices is a premium feature. Switching phones is annoying. I'm still on them through a combination of inertia and not wanting to tie myself to something like Amazon Music of Spotify that I may change my mind on paying for and similarly have to re-subscribe everything.

Edited by MattPie

9 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Realistically, it can probably go as long as it likes. There's not much required budget for making a podcast, and those two should have plenty of money from their playing days to live a middle-class lifestyle (or more spendy in Rivet's case) that this could make zero money and last forever. I'm not sure if they're employing producers or anything, however.

That's obvious.  When they were on the Instigators at least they had someone to tell them when they were going off the rails. Only the first show but it was all over the place. They need to plan these shows better and give it some structure because if it's going to continue being Petey's mental diarrhea it won't last.

EDIT: Just finished the show. Here's a criticism. They yammered on about god knows what for 35 minutes. Then in the last three minutes they announce the next episode is next Monday, where they promise to discuss Eichel's surgery, trade rumors, Dahlin's contract, etc. Those are all fairly old topics. There will be mold growing on them by next Monday. So already this is not a show for timely takes on what happening in hockey and the Sabres. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 10/16/2021 at 8:23 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

Usually it costs $$$ to get an A-list reporter on a show. I wonder who is covering that nut. (Maybe Pat Brisson?) Seems odd Elliot, a guy in demand, would make time for two jamokes just getting started. Also a bit surprised this show wasn't ready to roll with the street of the NHL season. Sloppy.

Just curious, how much would a regular guest on a show, such as Elliot, get for doing a  show?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.