Each Sabres Player will have Their Own Goal Song This Season

Brawndo

4 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I did not expect Mittelstadt to come with THE HEAT like that. Damn.

He was a little after my time, but, DAMN, no one had flow like Biggie. No one. That's jazz, gotdammit.

There is no shortage of emcees that had a flow as good, or better, than Biggie. 

Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, Nas, Tonedeff, Inspektah Deck, Eyedea, Pun, Rakim, Big L, Meth, and Lord Finesse all immediately come to mind. 

Additonally, Guru was great with jazz joints, as well as Q-Tip. 

Biggie via Puff was groundbreaking in that they found a way to break through to the mainstream with street songs with having a couple commercial tracks mixed into the album. Wu-Tang partially carved this path for them with the “Method Man” single. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, Nas, Tonedeff, Inspektah Deck, Eyedea, Pun, Rakim, Big L, and Lord Finesse all immediately come to mind. 

Wonderful list.

Something about Big, though.

4 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, Nas, Tonedeff, Inspektah Deck, Eyedea, Pun, Rakim, Big L, Meth, and Lord Finesse all immediately come to mind. 

Biggie via Puff was groundbreaking in that they found a way to break through to the mainstream with street songs with having a couple commercial tracks mixed into the album. Wu-Tang partially carved this path for them with the “Method Man” single. 

Is this in English?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

But what about The Sugarhill Gang, or Kool Mo D, or Kurtis Blow?

old man dance GIF

21 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

But what about The Sugarhill Gang, or Kool Mo D, or Kurtis Blow?

old man dance GIF

Debbie Harry and Blondie and The Clash all deserve credit for putting Sugarhill on. 

All 3 emcees/groups you named were seminal figures in the hip-hop lexicon, but had choppy flows in comparison to what later emcees did in perfecting flows in the craft  

• Like (+1) 3

I just can't hold back... the Sabres have contracted with me to provide goal meme pics for the players as well.  So in addition to seeing them in the GDTs you can see them on the scoreboard at KBC when a players scores.

😛

(I am special media consultant for meme pictures and chicken hats.)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I just can't hold back... the Sabres have contracted with me to provide goal meme pics for the players as well.  So in addition to seeing them in the GDTs you can see them on the scoreboard at KBC when a players scores.

😛

(I am special media consultant for meme pictures and chicken hats.)

Lol.  Majority under 30 would love it.  Most over 50 would be impossibly confused.

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

How doesn't Dahlin have a favorite song ?  Does he work out in silence

He's a Swede. All they listen to is technotrash and death metal. And Roxette.

That's it. Dahlin gets a new song off of Joyride every night.

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.