GDT:The Season Opener! Montreal at Buffalo 10/14/21 7pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

Hagg is reminding me of Mike Weber. The good and the bad. 

Anderson looked like he controlled the net. It’s so refreshing. 

I can barely follow which players are out there and it’s fine. They’re all forechecking and skating and not turning over the puck with dumps they have no chance to recover. Also a bunch of risky passing that’s turning into plays. There’s good support on every step up so it’s fine. Can’t complain.

Theres no stars out there. Just a team. 

Skinner is still Skinner. Good and bad. Okposo looked like he deserves his salary.  That’s cool. 

Montreal looked bad.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

My first star would be given to our goalie. 

My second star would be given to Okposo. I have never seen him as quick as he was in this game. 

The trade with Philly giving up Risto for Hagg and a first round pick looks good. 

I really liked the play of Miller in this game. 

The style of play was north/south and simple. This game was a reflection of the brand of hockey that the coach espouses. I'm not going to get carried away but this first game was encouraging. If this team continues with this gritty style of play I'm hoping the fans come back sooner rather than later. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

Here’s a provocative question… Does anyone see how Jack Eichel’s play fits into the style we just watched?

No I don't agree.  A healthy Eichel that wants to play here would be fast and blend in nicely as the first line center for this team and style of play.  The question is not worth contemplating at this point though because he will eventually be traded.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.