GDT:The Season Opener! Montreal at Buffalo 10/14/21 7pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

1 hour ago, Digger said:

0.892 career save percentage, 0.890 last season so he's not an established goalie.  Let's hope we get some shots through to him and have a great game.  Sabres win and Montreal starts the season with 2 losses.

To have a goalie like that on the team and not trade for one must mean that MONTREAL IS ALL IN ON THE TANK! 

Can't be they couldn't find one without giving up way more than they thought reasonable, incompetent Montreal FO.

• Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Were you really expecting this team to look better with their top players from last year no longer here? 

Here’s one area I guarantee they will be better at: giving a crap and actually giving maximum effort for 60 minutes ona regular basis. 

That’s a BIG guarantee.   Is a regular basis every game?  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

That’s a BIG guarantee.   Is a regular basis every game?  

Yes, every game. There are gonna be games like the second half of a back to back in a 3 game in 4 night stretch where they just won’t have their legs, but I won’t confuse fatigue with lack of effort. In recent seasons, particularly last season when they were out of it early and they just went thru the motions it was plain as day that several players just didn’t give a crap. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Like most I don't expect a lot of winning this year but for me I want to see some good coaching (something we have not seen for a long while) and some players playing for the crest on their chest.  Work hard playing and work hard on improving the best you can.  If they can do that game in game out I can give them my time in watching.  If I see signs of a tank (I know others already believe that but I don't) I will stop watching.

The team as a whole has to show me that last year (and this off season) was the bottom.  Make this the first year of the Sabres "process" and stick with it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Were you really expecting this team to look better with their top players from last year no longer here? 

Here’s one area I guarantee they will be better at: giving a crap and actually giving maximum effort for 60 minutes ona regular basis. 

Until the losses start piling up.

Good opportunity to get the season going with a W.

Habs didn’t look sharp last night and they are starting their #2.

I can’t watch this one but will check scores often. My son just got called up to junior and is playing his first game tonight. Hockey is still on the menu.

Go Sabres!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Good opportunity to get the season going with a W.

Habs didn’t look sharp last night and they are starting their #2.

I can’t watch this one but will check scores often. My son just got called up to junior and is playing his first game tonight. Hockey is still on the menu.

Go Sabres!

Nothing would get tongues wagging back in MTL like a loss to the lowly Sabres.,

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

One thing I'm excited for is the uniforms. They still look swell and are new enough that the type of team I associate them with is still up for grabs. Not off to a good start with the skid mark Hall left in them, but they are still bright shiny and new, to me. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.