GDT:The Season Opener! Montreal at Buffalo 10/14/21 7pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

If Dahlin doesn't grow from here, that would be a nightmare scenario.  Recall, it was winning the Dahlin derby that made Botterill believe he could effectively pull off a teardown.  (Aka, trade O'Reilly away for magic beans.)

You're forgetting: results don't mater 

I need a little help here.  I had a subscription to NHL TV.   When I select the app it tells me the NHL is on ESPN+.  

I guess I have buy another product, ESPN+, to get the NHL.  

Should I add it to my cable, or just get the streaming app? 

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

And yet...you're here.

Oh he sounds all grouchy and *****, but secretly loves this team and everyone on it.

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I need a little help here.  I had a subscription to NHL TV.   When I select the app it tells me the NHL is on ESPN+.  

I got the streaming app.  If you have a tv you can stream to, I would do that.  Btw it's significantly cheaper than NHLtv.

...and if you already have Disney+ you can get the bundle with ESPN+ and Hulu for not a lot.

Edited by Doohickie

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Friedman mentioned on 31 Thoughts Podcast shortly after they won the lottery.

I think I remember it being mentioned once, or twice, on this board too

On 6/7/2021 at 2:45 PM, Thorny said:

"Winning the lottery will allow Botterill better opportunity to "tear it down to the studs"". 

Here We Go Again GIF

On 6/2/2021 at 7:46 PM, Thorny said:

Yep. Winning the lottery made it easier for Botterill to "tear it down to the studs", as Friedman said. We'll see what Adams does next

On 5/14/2021 at 10:18 AM, Thorny said:

How many times do we have to see a new GM come in (and finish last) and do the same "take some steps back" thing in pursuit of Their rebuild before we realize that it's par for the course? 

The tank goes without saying.

Botterill and his "Dahlin makes it easier to tear things down to the studs"

KA and the direction we seem to be going.

Do we need to keep Kevyn Adams as GM even if we are completely terrible? Otherwise, we'll just lose our only good players to the next GM.

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Really, you're only realizing this today? There's been a thread on this topic for weeks. All out-of-town games are on ESPN+ for web streams. On cable and DTV they are still Center Ice. NHL.tv is kaput. The good news on ESPN+ is it's like $6/mo, no commitment.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Does that mean that it was why ROR was traded?

IF they don't get Dahlin, then they DON'T make the trade of O'Reilly.  Dahlin wasn't the driving force of why Botterill & the Pegulas wanted him gone.  But without Dahlin, they don't risk the fan backlash that was sure to follow.

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Really, you're only realizing this today? There's been a thread on this topic for weeks. All out-of-town games are on ESPN+ for web streams. On cable and DTV they are still Center Ice. NHL.tv is kaput. The good news on ESPN+ is it's like $6/mo, no commitment.

Yes, I saw the espn thread on out of town games, didn’t know it applied to me because I had NHL.tv.  

58 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I got the streaming app.  If you have a tv you can stream to, I would do that.  Btw it's significantly cheaper than NHLtv.

...and if you already have Disney+ you can get the bundle with ESPN+ and Hulu for not a lot.

Thanks.  

I just checked the ESPN thread, I misinterpreted the title and never read the thread.  

My daughter put Disney+ on our TV awhile when she stayed with me during the peak Covid period.  I guess I can login to espn+ with the Disney account? 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I just can't imagine the odds I'd have to be given to accept that bet.

I'm not going litter the game day thread with this debate (others can decide if it warrants its own thread) but I would like to hear the explanation as to why Cody is playing and Hayden and R2 are not.

And I am curious as to how long this situation will persist.

Veteran rope. Coach hands it out till he hangs himself.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Thanks.  

I just checked the ESPN thread, I misinterpreted the title and never read the thread.  

My daughter put Disney+ on our TV awhile when she stayed with me during the peak Covid period.  I guess I can log. To espn+ with the Disney account? 

I've got a friend who is sharing his Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ bundle package with me.

You have to have a separate log in account with each of the 3.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Thanks.  

My daughter put Disney+ on our TV awhile when she stayed with me during the peak Covid period.  I guess I can log. To espn+ with the Disney account? 

Google "Disney Bundle"  You don't get ESPN+ automatically with Disney+ but you can get them bundled and get basic Hulu for free more or less.  Or you can just get ESPN+ by itself.

Edited by Doohickie

Montembeault was assigned to continue in the AHL with Springfield to begin the 2018–19 season. After 33 games with the Thunderbirds, having already matched his previous win totals, Montembeault received his first recall by Panthers due to starting goaltender Roberto Luongo briefly leaving the team on bereavement leave, on February 18, 2019.[6] In his second recall to the Panthers following an injury to backup James Reimer, Montembeault made his NHL debut in his first career start with the Panthers in a 4–3 overtime defeat to the Carolina Hurricanes at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida on March 2, 2019.[7]

On October 1, 2021, Montembeault was placed on waivers by the Panthers. The following day, he was claimed by the Montreal Canadiens.[8] Montembeault made his debut for the team in a pre-season game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, where the Canadiens lost 6–2, but Montembeault was widely credited for a strong performance despite weak defending by the team.[9]Following starting goaltender Carey Price's taking a leave of absence for mental health reasons, Montembeault temporarily became the primary backup goaltender to Jake Allen.[10]

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Montembeault was assigned to continue in the AHL with Springfield to begin the 2018–19 season. After 33 games with the Thunderbirds, having already matched his previous win totals, Montembeault received his first recall by Panthers due to starting goaltender Roberto Luongo briefly leaving the team on bereavement leave, on February 18, 2019.[6] In his second recall to the Panthers following an injury to backup James Reimer, Montembeault made his NHL debut in his first career start with the Panthers in a 4–3 overtime defeat to the Carolina Hurricanes at the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida on March 2, 2019.[7]

On October 1, 2021, Montembeault was placed on waivers by the Panthers. The following day, he was claimed by the Montreal Canadiens.[8] Montembeault made his debut for the team in a pre-season game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, where the Canadiens lost 6–2, but Montembeault was widely credited for a strong performance despite weak defending by the team.[9]Following starting goaltender Carey Price's taking a leave of absence for mental health reasons, Montembeault temporarily became the primary backup goaltender to Jake Allen.[10]

0.892 career save percentage, 0.890 last season so he's not an established goalie.  Let's hope we get some shots through to him and have a great game.  Sabres win and Montreal starts the season with 2 losses.

Edited by Digger

10 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Khan’s son? 

Star Trek II 

Didn't they claim him in the off season? Sabres passed on him so there's your storyline....Montreal claims Montembault who faces 45 shots and shuts out the team that passed on him. 

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.