GDT:The Season Opener! Montreal at Buffalo 10/14/21 7pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

The talk ends.

The talk begins.

And I beseech thread-starters to take two extra seconds and make sure there's punctuation and stuff. A set format for the thread title would be nice but will never happen.

Noone is going to volunteer to herd cats.

19 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Wonder what Montreal's goaltending looks like this year? Jake Allen played last night. Maybe their back up tonight and that's like pot luck pick. Maight be good or terrible.

Not sure who their goalie will be. 

Normally I'd give the Sabres an advantage for this one with Montreal on a back-to-back, but I'm not sure how much that applies early in a season and especially with a team looking to avoid going down 0-2

Looking at the lines again and trying to piece the thinking together a bit..

They said it was a development year, right? They must have young Eakin between our two Alternate captains to help him with exactly that this season. Can't think of who else might benefit from that sort of leadership on their line. Should help Eakin come along nicely into the role. 

59 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Lets Go Amerks! 👏👏   👏👏👏

No, no, no.  The proper term is Baby Sabres.

GO BABY SABRES!

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I'd like to see a defensive component on that line with Skinner and Mitts. 

It's there.  It's called a Hinostroza.

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Looking at the lines again and trying to piece the thinking together a bit..

They said it was a development year, right? They must have young Eakin between our two Alternate captains to help him with exactly that this season. Can't think of who else might benefit from that sort of leadership on their line. Should help Eakin come along nicely into the role. 

I sense some sarcasm.  So we are planning on developing Eakin back to respectability and turning him into a 2nd round pick at the deadline.  What a plan.  😔

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Eh.  Owen Power is waiting in the wings.  If he turns into that stud D and Dahlin is a middle pair D, that might not be the worst.

If Dahlin doesn't grow from here, that would be a nightmare scenario.  Recall, it was winning the Dahlin derby that made Botterill believe he could effectively pull off a teardown.  (Aka, trade O'Reilly away for magic beans.)

Edited by Taro T

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

If Dahlin doesn't grow from here, that would be a nightmare scenario.  Recall, it was winning the Dahlin derby that made Botterill believe he could effectively pull off a teardown.  (Aka, trade O'Reilly away for magic beans.)

I don't think it was Dahlin that made ROR expendable.  I've never heard that theory before.

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

I don't think it was Dahlin that made ROR expendable.  I've never heard that theory before.

Friedman mentioned on 31 Thoughts Podcast shortly after they won the lottery.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

That's what was being reported.  That by getting Dahlin, it would be easier to effect a teardown.  A lot of us here hoped it was misreporting.  But based upon events that June 30, it wasn't.

There will always be a spot for a C that can win a face-off on the PK in their defensive zone, EAKin is not playing to score. I like R2 also but he isn't a C in the NHL. Price isn't playing, Montreal played Toronto last night, there's a good chance they left their load in Toronto and are overlooking the Sabres. Thompson will either make this game/season entertaining or doom us to failure. Speed is our friend.

LETS GO BUFFALO

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That's what was being reported.  That by getting Dahlin, it would be easier to effect a teardown.  A lot of us here hoped it was misreporting.  But based upon events that June 30, it wasn't.

That's so foul. That's like Star Wars Rise of Skywalker script logic right there. (or the prequels, or the "plan" to rescue Han from Jabba in Jedi).

Edited by DarthEbriate

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.