OT: College Football Thread

GASabresIUFAN

19 hours ago, GoPre said:

And people felt Notre Dame belonged in the playoff?  

Only ND thinks ND belongs in the playoffs. I remember in 2013 all my friends were talking about ND beating Bama and I laughed at them. Said Bama was going to just run over Mante Teo... Alabama did precisely that. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Only ND thinks ND belongs in the playoffs. I remember in 2013 all my friends were talking about ND beating Bama and I laughed at them. Said Bama was going to just run over Mante Teo... Alabama did precisely that. 

How to make Notre Dame Eggs:

Put em in a bowl that's too big for them, then beat em for 3 straight hours.

• Haha (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

My sister lived in South Bend area that year, I went out for a visit wearing my Tide jersey, yelling roll tide at every stop I could. 

I thought I was gonna get shot 😂😂

• Haha (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2022 at 12:39 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

They don’t want to play OSU, Mich and Penn St every year

They play a tougher schedule than any team in a conference, most years.  That includes Michigan, specifically, 15 of the last 20 seasons.

Georgia's tough schedule this year included Vanderbilt AND Tennessee, a usually bad Kentucky, an unusually bad Florida, Missouri, Charleston Southern, Birmingham, Ga Tech, and South Carolina.  Come on.  (And that's not accounting for Auburn being in a program slump.)

Georgia has played two teams of note and lost to one of them.  EDIT:  Three, with one loss.  I'll give you Clemson.

Edited by Eleven
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

They play a tougher schedule than any team in a conference, most years.  That includes Michigan, specifically, 15 of the last 20 seasons.

Georgia's tough schedule this year included Vanderbilt AND Tennessee, a usually bad Kentucky, an unusually bad Florida, Missouri, Charleston Southern, Birmingham, Ga Tech, and South Carolina.  Come on.  (And that's not accounting for Auburn being in a program slump.)

Georgia has played two teams of note and lost to one of them.  EDIT:  Three, with one loss.  I'll give you Clemson.

ND sucks

Go Dawgs

Edited by LGR4GM

29 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

ND sucks

Go Dawgs

We are the Champions.  

It’s funny to hear a ND fan complain.  They played two teams this past season (Cin & Okst) and lost.  

Georgia beat then No 3. Clemson, No. 8 Arkansas, No. 18 Auburn, No. 11 Kentucky, No. 2 Michigan and now No. 1 Alabama.  What more can they do?  Apparently they need to get killed in the playoffs and bowl games like ND. 

@Eleven, Do you really think ND would have beaten GA or Bama in the playoffs?  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

9 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

We are the Champions.  

It’s funny to hear a ND fan complain.  They played two teams this past season (Cin & Okst) and lost.  

Georgia beat then No 3. Clemson, No. 8 Arkansas, No. 18 Auburn, No. 11 Kentucky, No. 2 Michigan and now No. 1 Alabama.  What more can they do?  Apparently they need to get killed in the playoffs and bowl games like ND. 

@Eleven, Do you really think ND would have beaten GA or Bama in the playoffs?  

Didn't just beat those teams, destroyed them. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It’s funny to hear a ND fan complain.  

Not really an ND fan. VERY casual.  If they're on and they're not playing a school I have ties to, I'll probably root for them.  I couldn't name a single player. Just keeping the record straight.  

I was pretty surprised that the game last night opened up after I went to bed.

Edited by Eleven

53 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Not really an ND fan. VERY casual.  If they're on and they're not playing a school I have ties to, I'll probably root for them.  I couldn't name a single player. Just keeping the record straight.  

I was pretty surprised that the game last night opened up after I went to bed.

Ok, but you didn’t answer my question.  Do you think ND could have beaten GA or Bama this season? 

By the way, I do agree that next year GA has an easier schedule on paper then ND, but that doesn't mean anything once the season begins.  

in 2021 Georgia played 7 ranked teams and went 6-1 against them. ND played 3 and went 1-2.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.