Jack Eichel's antics

Hoss

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I just had an amusing (bemusing?) thought. Rask comes back and the we still have Eichel mid season so Bruins trade us Ullmark plus Lazar and ? ? ? for Eichel. 

If the ? ? ? is Hall, then it would make sense.
Only in Buffalo. 

I hope they add in Gryzlychik.

Edited by Andrew Amerk

45 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I’d be happy with Lazar back, and Ullmark would be an upgrade. Not for John though. 

As I recall Lazar really cut up the Sabres after the trade to Boston.  That might be okay for Hall to do but not Lazar who is a 4th line player trying to stay in the league.  I liked him when he played for the Sabres but I would not take him back.

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I just had an amusing (bemusing?) thought. Rask comes back and the we still have Eichel mid season so Bruins trade us Ullmark plus Lazar and ? ? ? for Eichel. 

I don't think that's the first time that's come up on this forum.

9 hours ago, Zamboni said:

It could possibly be … I have way more important things to be worried about angry about upset about… Than sports players doing certain things when not playing their sport. That kind of stuff just simply doesn’t move the needle for me to get upset about. Yea, maybe it’s that.
Hence… overall in the grand scheme of things… A nothing burger. But if people wanna throw feel good insults around. It just shows me personally that they’re very insecure about their own feelings and reactions to things.  So much so… that they’re trying to bully or control peoples feelings or opinions. It’s beyond lighthearted debate. But hey, Feel free. 

Just so you know, I, too, feel that this is a nothing burger.

But I feel the complete opposite about sports. Getting fired up in real life is completely unproductive and in some cases, even harmful. Not much moves the needle for me,… there's a problem, how do I fix it. Getting pissed off at sports and having hatreds is just the release I need for the very fact that it doesn't mean anything.

9 hours ago, Pimlach said:

?  

Why do you say “a bunch of white people”, why not “a bunch of sports fans”?    

Cuz it's funnier that way.

2 hours ago, Digger said:

As I recall Lazar really cut up the Sabres after the trade to Boston.  That might be okay for Hall to do but not Lazar who is a 4th line player trying to stay in the league.  I liked him when he played for the Sabres but I would not take him back.

This didn’t happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Digger said:

You are incorrect good Digger; Hall went after the Sabres but Lazar said nothing of note. 🙂

I would keep Eichel hostage or literally give him to Seattle with the condition they don't trade him before I'd trade with Boston.

13 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

See ya in the GDT tomorrow night.

First, my post came off way more adversarial than I meant, mea culpa.

Second, unlikely I'll see you in the GDT. I gave up a couple years ago for a number of reasons. Maybe if the Sabres get good again before I die (I'm in my mid-40s, so I give it 50/50 odds) I'll be able to care, but it's not right now. I only really come here because I like the people.

10 hours ago, dudacek said:

This didn’t happen. 

I remember a radio interview with TSN or Sportsnet with Lazar but I'm not interested in arguing the point.  I really liked him when he was playing for the Sabres and was disappointed that he was traded.

5 minutes ago, Digger said:

I remember a radio interview with TSN or Sportsnet with Lazar but I'm not interested in arguing the point.  I really liked him when he was playing for the Sabres and was disappointed that he was traded.

I don't have time to dig it up, but I distinctly remember hearing this as well at the time, being shocked and going looking for the actual clip.

I discovered what was said, in context, transformed from a rip into a sarcastic "I'm going to show them for giving up on me" framed around lots of positive things about his time with the Sabres, from a very positive person.

I just assumed this was the same clip you were talking about, and I'm sorry if I'm wrong. I would be surprised though if there was another clip at the time that was an actual rip at the Sabres that didn't get any attention here.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

I don't have time to dig it up, but I distinctly remember hearing this as well at the time, being shocked and going looking for the actual clip.

I discovered what was said, in context, transformed from a rip into a sarcastic "I'm going to show them for giving up on me" framed around lots of positive things about his time with the Sabres, from a very positive person.

I just assumed this was the same clip you were talking about, and I'm sorry if I'm wrong. I would be surprised though if there was another clip at the time that was an actual rip at the Sabres that didn't get any attention here.

I remember hearing something similar and thinking that’s exactly why I like Lazar so much. That he would wanna make a point of showing the Sabres they made a mistake after saying he liked being here is the kind of competitive fire I can appreciate. 

On 10/11/2021 at 11:04 PM, PerreaultForever said:

The deal will involve conditional picks that seems to be the possible answer. When that happens it'll be weird to be rooting for his full recovery and success so that we can get more. I also suspect it'll be nothing but picks. Maybe one current high end prospect, but really nothing but picks unless a cap dump is needed. 

How about an injured Eichel for an injured Byfield plus a couple picks?  That sounds fair at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.