Jack Eichel's antics

Hoss

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

What would it take to excite you? Why even be a fan if nothing turns you on or boils your blood. You are: Terry. Even Steven. Whistle while the waterfront burns. Do you have an escape hatch or a private lake in the Adirondacks with an underground bunker?

HOLY *****!

Also — Jack's a masshole piece of *****. Bye, John.

Sorry you’re in pain 

Ya it looks like I'm in the minority here.  It isn't exactly John's fault I suppose.  But to have 'suffered' through the tank years to watch Reinhart get traded for a song and watch the captain of this once proud franchise hanging in a private box with half the Bruins roster considering everything that is going on with his situation?  I guess I'm just bitter.  Maybe my bitterness shouldn't be directed at John but we as fans have suffered through 10+ years of misery now so sorry if I'm not going to kiss John's ass now.

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I've always wondered if players give up their boyhood teams when they turn pro. I think, in their minds, they have to. But I don't know for sure.

A mile-wide asteroid is heading for your house.

What would it take to excite you? Why even be a fan if nothing turns you on or boils your blood. You are: Terry. Even Steven. Whistle while the waterfront burns. Do you have an escape hatch or a private lake in the Adirondacks with an underground bunker?

HOLY *****!

Also — Jack's a masshole piece of *****. Bye, John.

Don't let him fool you. It's a defense mechanism.

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I just did.

It could possibly be … I have way more important things to be worried about angry about upset about… Than sports players doing certain things when not playing their sport. That kind of stuff just simply doesn’t move the needle for me to get upset about. Yea, maybe it’s that.
Hence… overall in the grand scheme of things… A nothing burger. But if people wanna throw feel good insults around. It just shows me personally that they’re very insecure about their own feelings and reactions to things.  So much so… that they’re trying to bully or control peoples feelings or opinions. It’s beyond lighthearted debate. But hey, Feel free. 

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

I will never understand this tradition.

Is it because getting a bunch of white people to all say “Bop bah bah” together makes them feel like they actually have rhythm?

?  

Why do you say “a bunch of white people”, why not “a bunch of sports fans”?    

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

C'mon. They are going to have 500 fans at home games. And you're mad he's moving one to Canada? 

Mad?  No.

But they are holding the season’s largest event in another city.  I don’t think it’s right.

Compared to Eichel going to a playoff baseball game in his home town with some of the Boston Bruins, which I can find no fault with.

I wonder if today’s roster (ie. Jack) is even aware of the fan hatred of all things Boston.  That rivalry hasn’t been the same as what we remember during the entirety of Jacks life.  I wonder if he has any awareness of the optics of this back in Buffalo?

Josh Allen would have that awareness methinks.  Not sure Jack would.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

I am more than a little surprised that Hoss went the clickbait route with this thread and title.

We need something to kick around I guess.   

Jack probably doesn’t fully understand the optics of attending a Red Sox game in a suite with a bunch of Bruins players.  Im pretty sure he doesn’t care either.   He has moved on.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Curt said:

Mad?  No.

But they are holding the season’s largest event in another city.  I don’t think it’s right.

Compared to Eichel going to a playoff baseball game in his home town with some of the Boston Bruins, which I can find no fault with.

It's not the season's largest event. At best it's the regular season's third biggest event (behind the Winter Classic and All Star Game.) It's also a Canada-focused event. So why did we give up a home game? Maybe it's because we have Canadian Sabres fans who can't come to Buffalo.  Don't forget as an American you CAN cross the border and go if you follow protocol and see the game yourself in person if it's that important to you.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Buffalo Sabres playing home games (actually their biggest event of the whole season) in another city = bothers me.

Jack Eichel at a baseball game in Boston = does not bother me.

As others have said, he's not off the clock in this situation. He's responsible for the message he's communicating. I honestly don't think it helps his cause. It communicates what a douchebag he is. But apparently every other GM already knew this, so maybe he doesn't care who knows.

48 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

It could possibly be … I have way more important things to be worried about angry about upset about… Than sports players doing certain things when not playing their sport. That kind of stuff just simply doesn’t move the needle for me to get upset about. Yea, maybe it’s that.
Hence… overall in the grand scheme of things… A nothing burger. But if people wanna throw feel good insults around. It just shows me personally that they’re very insecure about their own feelings and reactions to things.  So much so… that they’re trying to bully or control peoples feelings or opinions. It’s beyond lighthearted debate. But hey, Feel free. 

What a hypocrite. You and 11 can take your amateur psychobabble and shove it.

Edited by PASabreFan

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

As others have said, he's not off the clock in this situation. He's responsible for the message he's communicating. I honestly don't think it helps his cause. It communicates what a douchebag he is. But apparently every other GM already knew this, so maybe he doesn't care who knows.

What a hypocrite. You and 11 can take your amateur psychobabble and shove it.

And there it is 

29 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

We need something to kick around I guess.   

Jack probably doesn’t fully understand the optics of attending a Red Sox game in a suite with a bunch of Bruins players.  Im pretty sure he doesn’t care either.   He has moved on.  

It's gonna get real interesting if this team stumbles out of the gate and cannot play at least entertaining hockey.  Will fans re-direct their ire at certain roster players or continue attacking Eichel?  

35 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

In combination with the comment from @PASabreFan about players giving up their hometown teams, I wonder if they give up other biases as well.  For instance, my sister says that WEEI basically trains Bostonians to have contempt for all things Buffalo.  I wonder if Eichel's sometimes tone-deaf behaviour comes from that.

Aside: from what coworkers say, Eichel is still the consummate Sabre to their kids.

40 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's not the season's largest event. At best it's the regular season's third biggest event (behind the Winter Classic and All Star Game.) It's also a Canada-focused event. So why did we give up a home game? Maybe it's because we have Canadian Sabres fans who can't come to Buffalo.  Don't forget as an American you CAN cross the border and go if you follow protocol and see the game yourself in person if it's that important to you.

I meant for the Sabres’ season.  It’s the Sabres’ biggest event of the season.  Events the the Sabres ownership actually has control over.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.