Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

21 hours ago, Thorny said:

That another is electing to do it this quickly certainly lends further credence to Eichel's choice. 

What is right for one person may not be right for another in the artificial disc vs the fusion.  Disc problems can have underlying issues above and beyond the disc.If there is instability as an underlying issue then the fusion is the best course usually. If the soft tissue is super stable outside of the disc itself then artificial is likely the way to go. ...Then there are the in between cases.

Good Lord did the Flyers get hammered tonight.  My second favorite team at that..  my eight year old roots for them because he loves orange.  Turns to me and says.. “Dad, the Sabres and the Flyers have cool logos but they’re both so awful!”  
🤣 

I turned to him and said.. “Don’t worry man.  We’re gunna get thru this!”

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

That's shocking for two reasons.  1.  It's McDavid.  2.  That's an ejection now?!

Technically, it's 5 which comes with the ejection.  But it's rarely been called that way.

Maybe the league came out with another double secret point of emphasis memo as the Trocheck hit on Thompson got called that way too.  (It should have been, but how often do should have and did line up w/ NHL officiating?)

8 hours ago, Eleven said:

That's shocking for two reasons.  1.  It's McDavid.  2.  That's an ejection now?!

I'm surprised too they called it against McDavid, but its boarding no matter what, back to him and puts his face on the glass.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Risto the Coach Killer

Risto or bad goaltending? Carter Hart not looking good and Martin Jones is a has been 

Be interesting to do a survey on all the bad teams and what role bad goaltending plays in them stinking. I'd imagine there was a very strong correlation 

11 hours ago, SABRESfan said:

Good Lord did the Flyers get hammered tonight.  My second favorite team at that..  my eight year old roots for them because he loves orange.  Turns to me and says.. “Dad, the Sabres and the Flyers have cool logos but they’re both so awful!”  
🤣

I'm not a Flyers fan but I am a Gritty fan.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, SABRESfan said:

🤣

Don't worry about it, man. Everyone lies to their kids.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

@SABRESfan,

I will cut you some slack for having the dastardly Flyers as your second team due to your son (who sounds real cute) and all, but man that is like having the dastardly Bruins as your second team.

😉

Ha!  Always had a soft spot for them for some reason.. maybe it’s the logo or maybe it’s because of those damn cheesesteaks!  But yeah.. they are in absolute shambles right now.  Playing again today with an interim coach.  Yikes.

11 minutes ago, SABRESfan said:

Ha!  Always had a soft spot for them for some reason.. maybe it’s the logo or maybe it’s because of those damn cheesesteaks!  But yeah.. they are in absolute shambles right now.  Playing again today with an interim coach.  Yikes.

It's none of my business, but are you old enough to remember 1974/75 and not just the YouTube videos and stories of older friends, relative and lovers?

Really, and some points after that along the way?

😉

I for one am ready to celebrate their shambleness.  I am planning a parade.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

It's none of my business, but are you old enough to remember 1974/75 and not just the YouTube videos and stories of older friends, relative and lovers?

Really, and some points after that along the way?

😉

I for one am ready to celebrate their shambleness.  I am planning a parade.

I started paying attention to the NHL in the early 90s.  I know that liking the Bruins as a Sabres fan is a no no but perhaps to a lesser extent the same is true for the Flyers.  Truth is that if you play any other team often enough it will create a spirited affair now and again.  🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Both the Sabres and Flyers are in the trash can now anyway so..  it’s painful.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

@SABRESfan,

I will cut you some slack for having the dastardly Flyers as your second team due to your son (who sounds real cute) and all, but man that is like having the dastardly Bruins as your second team.

😉

This might be worse: from 1969-85, when my Godfather was a scout and then coach for the Miami Dolphins, I had the problem of my two favourite teams being arch-rivals.

3 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

This might be worse: from 1969-85, when my Godfather was a scout and then coach for the Miami Dolphins, I had the problem of my two favourite teams being arch-rivals.

Liking both the Bruins & Canadiens has to be virtually impossible.  I’m sure that some people like both of those teams but I could never begin to understand how.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1