Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

17 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Weren't the rumours that Murray wanted Juolevi or Sergachev and Pegula wanted Chychrun but not Sergachev, so they ended up taking Nylander over McAvoy?

What could have been...

I'd love to know the truth on that draft especially.  I was convinced they were taking Chychrun once he fell to their spot and because the Pegulas knew his family and liked him.

3 minutes ago, Digger said:

I see that Marco Rossi was sent down to the AHL by Minnesota.  Not a big deal as I'm sure he'll be back up soon but thought it might be of interest.

Remember he didn’t play at all last year because he had Covid.  He probably wouldn’t be ready anyways but now there was no he should be in the NHL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Digger said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canadiens-nick-suzuki-agree-eight-year-63-million-extension/

Montreal signs Nick Suzuki long term.  eight-year, $63 million contract extension with an average annual value of $7.875 million.

That's a good deal for both parties.  Will be a bargain for the Habs in 2, or 3, years.

1 hour ago, Digger said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canadiens-nick-suzuki-agree-eight-year-63-million-extension/

Montreal signs Nick Suzuki long term.  eight-year, $63 million contract extension with an average annual value of $7.875 million.

Contracts being handed out like candy.  Two 41 point seasons(I know one was a shortened season) now gets you a long term 8mil per contract?  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Contracts being handed out like candy.  Two 41 point seasons(I know one was a shortened season) now gets you a long term 8mil per contract?  

2 shortened seasons (even if one was significantly more shortened), but that’s outperforming Reinhart’s first 2 years in the league and he’s playing center. If he keeps last year’s pace of about .8 ppg, that’s not a horrible contract, but he also still has some upside, and could get better to where that deal is cheap. 

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

24 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

That's a good deal for both parties.  Will be a bargain for the Habs in 2, or 3, years.

The kid has certainly done well for himself.  I know Montreal really likes Suzuki.  His success seems to be why Vegas does not want to trade Krebs (so that they don't lose a good prospect again).  I think it may have been smarter to wait on this season's results before signing him to a long term deal but I suppose they were worried about the price going up if he has a great year.