Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not sure this makes him a loser, would you want to play in Winnipeg for your career if you could be paid big to go south? I wouldn't. He's definitely a me first guy, but if he said he'd love to play in Buffalo I'd be all for it. 

Really he  Forced himself off  Breton, jackets and now the jets.

You really want that?

9 hours ago, woods-racer said:

It was thinly vailed attempt at some chunky soup humor, served in a big (really big) silver cup with a lid. The lid keeps it hot.

image.thumb.png.dca38d683cf6e7c87ca617bc031ebca8.png

I know.

Hence my thinly veiled* attempt at a humourous reply about it's really the other Soupy's cup.

Maybe neither of us are quite ready to give up our day jobs, eh !!??

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS
* I love thin veils ... mysterious, but not a lot ...
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It's a rare feat to scoop @Brawndo.  Many have tried, most (vastly most) have failed.  Nice try though.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I know.

Hence my thinly veiled* attempt at a humourous reply about it's really the other Soupy's cup.

Maybe neither of us are quite ready to give up our day jobs, eh !!??

You're absolutely right about me not giving up my day job. A vailed tip of the hat to you for the correct veil and some Audrey Hepburn, even if she is smoking.

audrey hepburn smoking GIF

27 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

You're absolutely right about me not giving up my day job. A vailed tip of the hat to you for the correct veil and some Audrey Hepburn, even if she is smoking.

audrey hepburn smoking GIF

Fantastic!!

She even makes smoking a cigarette glamourous and sexy.

The veil is perfect.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, MattPie said:

Apparently so, from Wikipedia:

On July 17, 2017, Campbell announced his retirement, but also that he would join the Blackhawks' business operations department where he will be assisting with various marketing, community relations, and youth hockey initiatives.

So... the Kevyn Adams path to the GMship.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Really he  Forced himself off  Breton, jackets and now the jets.

You really want that?

Well let's keep it to specifics though. He didn't get along with Tortorella. That's not necessarily on him as Torts has a history with certain players and personalities. 

The Jets? I will ask again, if you were a younger player going into free agency and played in Winnipeg wouldn't you test free agency?

I agree there might be a question or two on him BUT I'm also looking at him showing up to play for Team Canada and playing well (like Cozens) and guys who show up for that always go way up in my book. I mean look at team USA in that thing. Eichel and Matthews both could have been there but weren't. PLD was there. Means a lot.  

5 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

It's a rare feat to scoop @Brawndo.  Many have tried, most (vastly most) have failed.  Nice try though.

lol, ya it's pretty impossible to scoop him. Can't count how many times I've thought I had "breaking news" and came here to find it already posted. This site is actually a very informative one, and a lot of that has to do with him. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Sit back at his cottage (assuming they all have some kind of summer home), take another vacation with the family in Sept, collect $4m.  Wait for some underperforming  team to fire a coach.  See if that job fits.  If not, wait until next June and have 5 other job opportunities that are only available to a limited and incestuous few.    Life doesn’t suck for the recently fired Trotz. 

I view the Red Wings as a "comparable" team to the Sabres. Both with a young core, both with a patient rebuild.  I noticed this article speculating on Wings FA targets. What I take away from it is that, if these signings are accurate, Yzerman is following the same strategy as Adams in terms of bringing in supplemental players that won't block the new young core.

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2022/6/24/23180001/steve-yzerman-red-wings-nhl-free-agency-candidates

But seriously... Will Butcher???

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Is it he doesn't want anything to do w/ the Jets as they get close to the point of needing to rebuild or just doesn't want anything to do w/ the wonderland known as Winterpeg?

Maybe a bit from column A and some of column B?

14 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Sit back at his cottage (assuming they all have some kind of summer home), take another vacation with the family in Sept, collect $4m.  Wait for some underperforming  team to fire a coach.  See if that job fits.  If not, wait until next June and have 5 other job opportunities that are only available to a limited and incestuous few.    Life doesn’t suck for the recently fired Trotz. 

To the bold ... uummm ??

Question Mark What GIF by Aminé

Not a goodly word.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS

We’re not quite there yet, but we’re beginning to see signs that the Sabres are no longer atop the list of the NHL’s red-headed step-children.

• Montreal just had one of the worst seasons in recent memory and has hit the reset button.
  • Seattle is an expansion team in the traditional sense of the word.
  • Philadelphia is broken and looks poised to go on a wildly bad overspending spree.
  • San Jose has no prospects, no GM and the worst collection of bad contracts in the league.
  • Chicago has a shameful scandal, a dinosaur owner and is poised to tank
  • Arizona is a salary cap dumping bank for the rest of the league and poised to play in university gym
  • And now nobody wants to be in Winnipeg.

We’re in a group now with Ottawa, Detroit, New Jersey, Anaheim and Columbus with some kids, cap space and signs of hope.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We’re not quite there yet, but we’re beginning to see signs that the Sabres are no longer atop the list of the NHL’s red-headed step-children.

• Montreal just had one of the worst seasons in recent memory and has hit the reset button.
  • Seattle is an expansion team in the traditional sense of the word.
  • Philadelphia is broken and looks poised to go on a wildly bad overspending spree.
  • San Jose has no prospects, no GM and the worst collection of bad contracts in the league.
  • Chicago has a shameful scandal, a dinosaur owner and is poised to tank
  • Arizona is a salary cap dumping bank for the rest of the league and poised to play in university gym
  • And now nobody wants to be in Winnipeg.

We’re in a group now with Ottawa, Detroit, New Jersey, Anaheim and Columbus with some kids, cap space and signs of hope.

The Sabres will have one of the best D core in the league, shortly. This will elevate them to the top half of the league. The forward ranks will be good and possibly above average.

Goaltending is the position that will put them over the top.

I am thinking Levi will be the man but as we all discuss, there needs to be a plan now. The Red Wings won Cups and had deep runs with different goalies. If the team is elite, that position is not as critical. It is the opposite of Hasek carrying the team.

39 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

To the bold ... uummm ??

Question Mark What GIF by Aminé

Not a goodly word.

But the right one.

From m-w.com

3: excessively or improperly intimate or exclusive
”… mainstream fashion magazines have an incestuous relationship with advertisers, and that undermines integrity."

• Thanks (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

But the right one.

From m-w.com

3: excessively or improperly intimate or exclusive
”… mainstream fashion magazines have an incestuous relationship with advertisers, and that undermines integrity."

You know life would be a lot easier if words just had one meaning.

Actually, I think this is an issue with English only.  I speak some different languages, not well any of them, but enough to know that all the words they have have only one meaning.

22 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Trots is from Dauphin Manitoba, a few hours away.

PLD is from Quebec, his Dad coaches the AHL Manitoba Moose.

Taro was talking about Trotz--specifically his decision not to coach the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1