Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

5 million in Dadonov and 7.8 Million in LTIR Space 

The LTIR space is kind of artificial as he's never going to play and he wasn't on the roster when he actually was playing.  $7.8MM in & $7.8MM out.  At the end of the day it still nets out to $0.

• Thanks (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

It doesn’t give Vegas bonus space; merely cleans out Dadonov’s cap. If anything it could backfire as there is a limit on LTIR space total.

Presently Vegas has 5.2mil in cap space with Weber on LTIR 

$5.2M and 3 arbitration-eligible RFAs who will chew up that space in a hurry. Very little depth there... as they learned last season. And so many NMCs and M-NTCs. Even Brayden McNabb got a modified NTC.

• Like (+1) 1

Habs get a 20 goal scorer for an LTIR contract,

Sabres get a 7th round pick for taking on an LTIR contract. Could they flip Bishop to Vegas for an actual goalie like Brossoit? He will be behind Lehner and Thompson on their depth chart. He’s not a starter but has been a career backup at the NHL level.

IMO it is better than an LTIR contract. 
Maybe there is another flip to be had?

6 hours ago, French Collection said:

Habs get a 20 goal scorer for an LTIR contract,

Sabres get a 7th round pick for taking on an LTIR contract. Could they flip Bishop to Vegas for an actual goalie like Brossoit? He will be behind Lehner and Thompson on their depth chart. He’s not a starter but has been a career backup at the NHL level.

IMO it is better than an LTIR contract. 
Maybe there is another flip to be had?

To the Knights, Dadonov was a cap dump. This is kinda similar to how they traded the reigning vezina winner last year for a meh forward prospect. 

• Like (+1) 1

Is it just me, or are the LV Knights and Mon the two worst managed teams in the NHL right now?  That’s really saying something given our recent history. 

I’m curious how $ LV is really on the hook for for the next 4 years.  Is there insurance payments like we get for Bishop?  If there isn’t I’m not sure this deal makes much sense.  Dadanov has only one year left on his deal. Why pay someone 30 mill not to play to just get potential cap relief.  

On 6/17/2022 at 10:22 AM, GASabresIUFAN said:

Is it just me, or are the LV Knights and Mon the two worst managed teams in the NHL right now?  That’s really saying something given our recent history. 

Philadelphia is running a close third then.  Thank God Buffalo is not automatically in the conversation.

• Like (+1) 1