Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Nobody believes Alex Tuch doesn't want to win, but he's happier than the proverbial pig in you know what to be playing for his favorite team.

There's a difference though.

Alex Tuch's favourite team is the Buffalo Sabres.

Auston Matthews favourite team is Auston Matthews.

23 hours ago, SDS said:

But is there any evidence to make you believe this?

This doesn't need evidence and he didn't say he had any.  It's ok to state a feeling on a message board still, right? 

And I agree with him--I think he's gone.  No evidence.

3 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

There's a difference though.

Alex Tuch's favourite team is the Buffalo Sabres.

Auston Matthews favourite team is Auston Matthews.

That's pretty much true. (kind of like how Jack Eichel's favourite team is............oh never mind, you know already :))

I think the Leafs try to trade Nylander. He's at peak value after a solid season and he's the lesser part of the big four (unless Tavares waives his no move clause which is unlikely since he had Leaf pajamas). And no, we don't want him. They will try to find a gritty power forward type in exchange. My hope though is they will stay the course since this was close and they will just do it all over again next year........

3 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

If I were the Leafs Id try and do an Eichel like trade and get a lot in return. But only two years left makes that harder 

Malkin is a shell of his former self. Letang had got some serious game left.

8 hours ago, woods-racer said:

Malkin is a shell of his former self. Letang had got some serious game left.

Malkin can’t stay healthy it seems, but he was on pace for a 40 goal season.  I don’t think he is cooked yet.

20 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I honestly hope we at least offer Letang 2x9/9.5mil to play with Power.

Get another vet (Rutta/Cole) to swap with Bryson depending on the situation and you'd have a Playoff caliber D group

By the end of the season, depending on  development, that D group could very well be elite. With average goaltending and a similar performance to the second half of the season from our forwards, that would be a playoff roster.

7 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Sportsnet is reporting that the Coyotes cannot have their logo at centre ice. The university’s logo will be there permanently during their games.

Bettman must be proud. Auston Matthews to the rescue!

So, up to 5,000 people watching the game won't see the dog howling and everybody watching on TV will see it.

Not sure it's that big of a deal.

38 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, up to 5,000 people watching the game won't see the dog howling and everybody watching on TV will see it.

Not sure it's that big of a deal.

It just seems that they keep descending down this path away from being an NHL team and Bettman keeps singing kumbaya.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Sportsnet is reporting that the Coyotes cannot have their logo at centre ice. The university’s logo will be there permanently during their games.

Bettman must be proud. Auston Matthews to the rescue!

More than just that--ASU will get all revenues from on-ice advertising, too.

Just now, sabresparaavida said:

Makes sense- can’t have on ice advertising without the ice to play on. And ASU has all the leverage here as where would the coyotes go if ASU wasn’t letting them use their ice?

Quebec, where they belong.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1