Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

16 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Nobody uses Reddit anymore. It's too crowded.

Oh, I don't post.  But If I want to find some other team's info?  Absolutely.  We have SabreSpace; the other 31 teams' fans only have subreddits and hockyforums and other crappy stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Oh, I don't post.  But If I want to find some other team's info?  Absolutely.  We have SabreSpace; the other 31 teams' fans only have subreddits and hockyforums and other crappy stuff.

I know. I just can't stand it and wanted to use a Yogi-ism.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SDS said:

Do you let your head coach speak if he’s going to be fired?

Didn’t we do that twice? 

24 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Nobody uses Reddit anymore. It's too crowded.

Sounds like a Yogi Berra quote. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Hmm...

May or may not have been necessary  to get where they want to go.

But they won't hire a better coach.

Weird. He's a darn good coach. They started the season as wanderers while the arena was completed and then had one of the biggest COVID outbreaks in the league. In mid-December, they were 8-12-6 as a result. The back end of the season they were just off a playoff pace. Not great, but not really "fire a really good coatch" worthy.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:51 PM, Eleven said:

Not true.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

LOL

Friday night I went to Belleville to watch the Sens-Amerks playoff game. We could see into the Sens box. Dorian, MCGuire and about 8 other execs were in the box. The other 9 guys were gathering and talking and McGuire was sitting by himself. No one would talk to him. He must be a way bigger a**hole then we even think.

I have a feeling that Pierre convinced Melnyk to hire him and when he passed away Dorian couldn’t wait to can McGuire.

• Like (+1) 1

"When asked why he decided to fire Trotz, Lamoriello said, "I would rather not get into any of the reasons," but he did specify that "this decision was not primarily made on this season."  --from ESPN.

Uh, what season was it made on, Lou?  Last season, when they went to the semifinals?

Good luck in coach purgatory.  It only took the Sabres about nine years to get out of it.