Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Oh the poor guy!  

This is me at my new job everyday because no one explains anything to me and my boss says “the procedure outline very clearly”.  Can I have a freaking human walk me through it rather than read a bunch of instructions. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, CallawaySabres said:

The idiot commentator on NHL network during the Bruins panthers game just said can somebody tell me why Buffalo did not want Sam Reinhart. I swear to God 100% of the people on this board know more about hockey than these idiots do.

I was one beer away from buying a discount Reinhart jersey at the Sabres store. 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I was one beer away from buying a discount Reinhart jersey at the Sabres store. 

So a beer at the arena costs as much as a discount jersey now...

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Apparently Tkachuk tied it for Calgary at the end of regulation vs Nashville.

Had Nashville won in regulation, they would've clinched a playoff spot regardless of how the last 6 minutes of the Dallas game went.

EDIT:  Nashville blew it in OT.  Picked up a point.  Any Vegas loss gets the Preds into the playoffs.

Edited by Taro T

5 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Binnington crapping the bed vs Colorado tonight.

He's been booty juice this year.

Minnesota lost at home to the Yotes by surrendering 4 goals in the 3rd. What in the actual ferk?

Edited by HumanSlinky39

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Apparently Tkachuk tied it for Calgary at the end of regulation vs Nashville.

Had Nashville won in regulation, they would've clinched a playoff spot regardless of how the last 6 minutes of the Dallas game went.

EDIT:  Nashville blew it in OT.  Picked up a point.  Any Vegas loss gets the Preds into the playoffs.

Preds are in according to the NHL.com site. They must hold a tie breaker on Vegas now. 

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Preds are in according to the NHL.com site. They must hold a tie breaker on Vegas now. 

The post you quoted was made while the Vegas game was still being played.  They lost in a SO, so ...

And yes, they have at least the 2nd tie breaker on Vegas.  Vegas can catch them on the 1st.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The post you quoted was made while the Vegas game was still being played.  They lost in a SO, so ...

And yes, they have at least the 2nd tie breaker on Vegas.  Vegas can catch them on the 1st.

Nashville has already tweeted out that they’re in the playoffs. nhl.com has listed them as being in the playoffs. You keep referencing the first tiebreaker for some reason. No one else seems to agree.

6 minutes ago, SDS said:

Nashville has already tweeted out that they’re in the playoffs. nhl.com has listed them as being in the playoffs. You keep referencing the first tiebreaker for some reason. No one else seems to agree.

Nashville IS in the playoffs because the 9th place team in the West can only at best tie them in the standings and tie them for the 1st end of season tiebreaker.  They both can get to 95 points and 35 regulation wins.  But Vegas can only get to 40 R/OT wins & Nashville has 41.  R/OT wins is the 2nd EoS tiebreaker, so the Preds are in.  (They MIGHT win on total points &/or RWs, but they DO win on R/OT Ws.)

I've simply been explaining WHY Nashville can correctly claim they've clinched a playoff spot when a casual glance at the standings says Vegas can still catch them.  (They can, but they can't.  😉 )

• Thanks (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Quick question, does draft order change by where a team finishes by round in the playoffs or is it all based on regular season points?

It goes like this:

32 - Cup winner 

31 - Cup finals loser

30 - Losing conference finalist w/better record

29 - Losing conference finalist w/worse record

17-28 - arranged by regular season standings, with division winners picking later

Only the conference finals and cup finals impact draft order.  The rest of the playoff results don’t factor into it.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Quick question, does draft order change by where a team finishes by round in the playoffs or is it all based on regular season points?

Draft order goes pretty much off RS points w/ the reverse of RS tie Breakers for when 2 teams tie for a draft pick slot.  I.e., The team w/ fewer RS wins gets the better pick if they both have the same # of points.

Picks 1 & 2 go to the lottery winners (if they were in slots 1-11 or 1-12 prelottery - teams can only move up 10 slots max).

The rest of slots 1-16 go in reverse order of points for the 16 non-playoff teams.

Slots 17-28 go to the losers of rounds 1 & 2 in reverse order of finish with any of the 4 division winners slotted at the back of the order.

Slots 29 & 30 go to the semifinal losers.

Slot 31 goes to the SC loser.

Slot 32 goes to the SC winner.

Edited by Taro T
Friggin' autocorrect changes losers to lovers. Think it's trying to tell us something.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1