Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

Wow that was confusing...I was referring to Nicolas Deslauries from the posting earlier about his heavyweight tilt with MacDermid and just called him "Nic" and he was a Sabre from 2013 to 2017. Not sure where Nic Foligno came in this but I also referred to Marcus Foligno who was also a Sabre from 2011 to 2017. And I still miss both...

6 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Sam with 3 apples tonight. I believe he has 23 points in his last 18 games.  Playing with a player like Barkov really can improve your TRpm.  Barkov > John.   Makes Sense.  

They spoiled ***** when they tried  signing hall  long term instead of Sam

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Wow, 1985 Stanley Cup Adversaries Edmonton and Philly are both on anti-heAters right now. Something is going to have to give.

Risto in the midst of another brutal losing streak. Guy can’t catch a break😀

Maybe Risto is part of the problem

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 1/19/2022 at 11:00 PM, PerreaultForever said:

We should have kept him. 

DeLo has been an NHL regular for 5 seasons since and pretty good in his role.

Zach Redmond played 3 more NHL games.

Under-the-radar vintage Botterill trade. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

They spoiled ***** when they tried  signing hall  long term instead of Sam

They didn’t try to sign Hall long term.  Darren Ferris asked about a longer deal and Adams responded the Sabres were only interested in a one year deal as because of uncertainties of where they were as an organization and with Covid. 

Reinhart should have been signed long term when His ELC was done. 

Edited by Brawndo
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

They didn’t try to sign Hall long term.  Darren Ferris asked about a longer deal and Adams responded the Sabres were only interested in a one year deal as because of uncertainties of where they were as an organization and with Covid. 

Reinhart should have been signed long term when His ELC was done. 

You honestly think if hall didn't have a good year they wouldn't have chosen hall over sam ? 

34 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I haven’t watched Risto play this year but it looks like he isn’t even putting up the counting stats for Philly.

My friend is a flyers fan and he describes Ristolainen's performances as "Dogsh1t". He was also keen to get Risto in the first place,  so read into that what you will.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll be honest, I think the Oilers have it worse than us. We have little expectations and feel generally disappointed most seasons with lingering hope for the future. Oilers fans are convinced they are Cup contenders every year only to end up being inept and scrambling. I guess it more of a continuous gut punch in the dark versus Buffalo’s staring down of the punch.