Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

19 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Big surprise...Oilers are a complete mess yet again.  

11 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

The oil are hot garbage. How long before they blame coaching ?

Actually I am surprised this season at the Oilers fall from earlier this season.

Draisaitl has 54 PTS in 35 GP to lead the league, McDavid has 53 PTS in 34 GP.  So lots of scoring on the top line.  I guess it goes to show it's not a simple solution to build a winning team and having the top scorer (or two) and top player (or two) in the league isn't enough.  They have a few strange contracts on their team though and I would guess not enough depth to help.  Yes I think coaching will be on the hot seat.  Similar to the Sabres with Eichel,  McDavid won't be patient waiting for the team to win.  That will be a massive trade if it comes down to that in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Digger said:

Actually I am surprised this season at the Oilers fall from earlier this season.

Draisaitl has 54 PTS in 35 GP to lead the league, McDavid has 53 PTS in 34 GP.  So lots of scoring on the top line.  I guess it goes to show it's not a simple solution to build a winning team and having the top scorer (or two) and top player (or two) in the league isn't enough.  They have a few strange contracts on their team though and I would guess not enough depth to help.  Yes I think coaching will be on the hot seat.  Similar to the Sabres with Eichel,  McDavid won't be patient waiting for the team to win.  That will be a massive trade if it comes down to that in the offseason.

Look at their defense. 

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

They never fixed their drafting, they are Draisaitl and McDavid away from being a mirror if Buffalo. 

The Sabres have better goalies than the Coilers.

Love to see them struggle and hope they don't make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Which is why the shortsighted anti-Sam people aren’t saying much (that carries any logical significance). All they have is one off quips that hold no weight in the long term. Sam is doing what Sam has done for years now. Produce. Quietly just produce. Sabres could certainly use a passer like him this season.

Totally. It’s why I’ll keep mentioning that Adams could have kept him. I like Levi the prospect as much as anyone but we are a long ways away from me being able to say we came out on the winning end of that deal. 

Anyway, good for Sam, always enjoyed what he brought to the team. Scored a hat trick in the first live Sabres win I saw 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Dreams Burn Down said:

This boggles my mind.  They were us before we were us and they still haven't put it together.  The clock has to be ticking inside McDavid's mind.

McDavid demands a trade close to home to the team he thought he was going to in the draft.😛🤣

I wonder where McDavid would go if he ends up having enough of that mess.