Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Not sure why, but this reminds of the old joke:

Why don't Baptists "do it" standing up?
So people won't think they're dancing.

Well, now I don't know who Jankowski is AND I don't know who Kodak Black is.

Clearly the Oilers are desperate and will be signing Kane anytime soon...Holland's "magic touch" has been anything but since  taking over the reins in Oil country and he is desperate to do something to make the team better. They seem to always start great then revert back to what they truly are...an  average team with two of the best players on the planet.  

2 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Clearly the Oilers are desperate and will be signing Kane anytime soon...Holland's "magic touch" has been anything but since  taking over the reins in Oil country and he is desperate to do something to make the team better. They seem to always start great then revert back to what they truly are...an  average team with two of the best players on the planet.  

I wonder with Edmonton's desperation if you could send them one of our depth defenders like Miller or Hagg and get a prospect like Tullio back. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Will Perfetti be a winger for the Jets?

He played wing on Dubois' line last night but was at center for the Moose. He definitely has the smarts to play the position but he isn't knocking PLD or Scheifele down and he needs to play in the top six.

His positioning in the defensive zone was spot-on as far as I am concerned. He set up PLD for a sure goal that PLD missed and he missed a goal from point blank range himself.

Samberg and Chisholm didn't look out of place for their first game.

Edited by Ducky

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

most likely

I see him playing wing the rest of the year but I think they look at him at center next year (if he stays up this season). Scheif only has 2 more seasons after this one so I think they find out what he can do at center before they deal with Scheif's next contract.

I'd start him off centring the 3rd line with a couple of vets like Copper and Wheeler. I don't see Lowry playing Wheeler in the top 6 if he doesn't deserve it like Maurice did.

Connor PLD Svechnikov

Vesalainen Scheif Ehlers

Copper Perfetti Wheeler

Stastny Lowry Harkins

Edited by Ducky
  • Like (+1) 1

Two more great misses last year by the Sabres and half the league are Sam Bennett and Anthony Duclair in Florida.

Last night the two of them skated circles around the Stars.

Duclair 1g, 2a, +6 in 12:39 of ice time.

Bennett 3g, 1a, +5 in 13:14 of ice time.

Both play with speed and toughness.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Two more great misses last year by the Sabres and half the league are Sam Bennett and Anthony Duclair in Florida.

Last night the two of them skated circles around the Stars.

Duclair 1g, 2a, +6 in 12:39 of ice time.

Bennett 3g, 1a, +5 in 13:14 of ice time.

Both play with speed and toughness.

Duclair has a 24.6sh% that will regress hard to his career average of 13.7%

I would have signed him if I were Buffalo but maybe he didn't want to come here. 

21 minutes ago, Curt said:

In back to back games on Friday and Saturday nights, the Florida Panthers won by scores of 7-1 and 9-2.  That is damn impressive.

They're rolling. They should seriously contend for Lord Stanley no doubt. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Sam has 31pts now in 35 games. 

Which is why the shortsighted anti-Sam people aren’t saying much (that carries any logical significance). All they have is one off quips that hold no weight in the long term. Sam is doing what Sam has done for years now. Produce. Quietly just produce. Sabres could certainly use a passer like him this season.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1