Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

I like the detail on the shoulders, the one band around the arm framing the number and the back.

It's sharp. The more I watch that snipet the more I like it actually. 

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but that jersey is atrocious and that’s factual.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but that jersey is atrocious and that’s factual.

Yup, and lightning one is forking horrendous as well.

nsh-vs-tbl.jpg

Can't wait to see whatever abomination Jnr Pegulas dream up for our heritage classic jerseys.

Edited by steveoath

On 12/2/2021 at 12:04 PM, Taro T said:

Hope it doesn't come to pass,, but if that happens we'll find out who was right about whether the Houston market would actually support a team beyond when that new franchise smell has worn off. 

Agreed.   Moreover, they would be competing with the Rockets in Houston like they are competing with the Suns in Phoenix.

But then would they move east and unbalance the conferences again?  If they stay in the west, where out west?  Is San Antonio big enough to support both the Spurs and the Coyotes in the same season?  Kansas City would not have competition between early January and early April, but can it support 3 teams?

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/2/2021 at 9:10 AM, Curt said:

This is strangely worded.

Does this mean that they already have a prospective buyer who is proposing to the NHL a plan to move the team to Houston?

It would be kind of weird if the sellers were suggesting the move.  “Yeah, this team isn’t worth much here, but you could move to....um....Houston! Yeah, in Houston this team would do great!”

Sounds to me like they are not just for sale, but already have a buyer, on the condition that the NHL approves a move to Houston.

Not that this means much , but a girl I worked with just took a sales job for the Coyotes, she inquired about the teams status and while they couldn't say anything, they did assure her that plans were being put in place for next season. She felt comfortable enough to take the job. Again, doesn't mean much, but it's something out there.

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Now that one team took the risk the rest feel fine with it. Granted there's no saying it won't still backfire on them.

That another is electing to do it this quickly certainly lends further credence to Eichel's choice. 

6 hours ago, steveoath said:

Yup, and lightning one is forking horrendous as well.

nsh-vs-tbl.jpg

Can't wait to see whatever abomination Jnr Pegulas dream up for our heritage classic jerseys.

I actueoliy love the Bolts one as an alt. It’s everything alternate jerseys should be: different, identifiable and ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1