Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Who’s obnoxious?

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Gilbert Gottfreid.

He is.  I generally can't stand him.  This was funny, though.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

You don’t know that.

You don't know that she doesn't know that.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

This is strangely worded.

Does this mean that they already have a prospective buyer who is proposing to the NHL a plan to move the team to Houston?

It would be kind of weird if the sellers were suggesting the move.  “Yeah, this team isn’t worth much here, but you could move to....um....Houston! Yeah, in Houston this team would do great!”

Sounds to me like they are not just for sale, but already have a buyer, on the condition that the NHL approves a move to Houston.

Edited by Curt

I think they'll move to Houston and be successful there.  Houston is a pretty big-ass city and can support both NBA and NHL.  Having an upstate rival in Dallas will help them get established, since there are existing sports rivalries.

If I'm the Houston ownership group, I keep the name coyotes (we have them in Texas too), go to back to the recent milquetoast howling head logo (or possibly come up with a new one) and keep the original Kachina coyote logo as their third/throwback jersey.  I think that's too cool to let it die altogether.

29 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I think they'll move to Houston and be successful there.  Houston is a pretty big-ass city and can support both NBA and NHL.  Having an upstate rival in Dallas will help them get established, since there are existing sports rivalries.

If I'm the Houston ownership group, I keep the name coyotes (we have them in Texas too), go to back to the recent milquetoast howling head logo (or possibly come up with a new one) and keep the original Kachina coyote logo as their third/throwback jersey.  I think that's too cool to let it die altogether.

It is a big arse city that wouldn't support the Eulers in the middle of a 7 year playoff run.  Randall's grocery stores had to buy a few 1,000 seats every week anyone but the Steelers, Browns, or Pokes were in town to get the games in the ~65k seat stadium televised in the nation's 4th largest market at the time.

Will believe they will actually support hockey when they actually do, not until.  (And their support for the Aeros took a severe hit when they were no longer finishing 1st overall). 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Coyotes as in the people who help smuggle immigrants across the southern border?

• Haha (+1) 1