For millions of girls
And for millions of boys
When Christmas Day is here
The most wonderful day of the year.

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

For the text averse who don't have a subscription to the Athletic:

That's a bit of a shock to me given the points that Hughes has put up so far.  This is entirely all potential.  I guess the same could be said about Eichel and other young stars that have signed the big 8 year deals.  This is what happens when the financial decision (because he could cost more if and when he breaks through) takes the priority over the hockey decision (it's a gamble).

3 minutes ago, Digger said:

That's a bit of a shock to me given the points that Hughes has put up so far.  This is entirely all potential.  I guess the same could be said about Eichel and other young stars that have signed the big 8 year deals.  This is what happens when the financial decision (because he could cost more if and when he breaks through) takes the priority over the hockey decision (it's a gamble).

Yes. It happens every year. Multiple times. And has for decades. Younger players paid highly on potential. Not surprised at this deal in that least.

20 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

55 points in 119 games doesn’t scream 8x8…but then again I haven’t seen him play that much. 

He had 19 points in his last 22 games the devils see a franchise talent at 20 its a good deal in my eyes .

Going to look like a bargain when he gets comfortable from the injury 

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Just looked at the boxscore for Caps vs Panthers game and realized there are 6 or so players in the Caps lineup who I have never heard of. 

Must be why they just gave up a 3 goal lead and now are losing 5-4

On a Reinhart seeing eye goal

12 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

He had 19 points in his last 22 games the devils see a franchise talent at 20 its a good deal in my eyes .

Going to look like a bargain when he gets comfortable from the injury 

12 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

8x8 for Hughes isn’t bad for either side; as long as Jack can stay healthy he should produce at a rate at least worth 8mil

Ya, if you are going to take a risk on a LT deal, the time is now, and not when they are nearing their 30s. 

Just now, Huckleberry said:

How about Kane ? he got the shot or just got send down ?  Really a trade issue for sure, more than his attitude.

What does this have to do with Evander Kane? It has been reported Bertuzzi is the only unvaccinated player in the league.