Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

19 hours ago, Taro T said:

Wonder what the real backstory on this is?  On the surface it is an entirely #### move, but have to believe something happened that caused Bowness to go out of his way to shaft the kid.

Whether that trigger was enough to warrant the decision, don't know.  But it would be interesting to learn what it was.

I read elsewhere that Oettinger didn’t play either and he is a Minnesota kid.

The Pegulas should be forced to visit UBS Arena so they can have it rubbed into their noses just what awful disgraceful failures they are as NHL owners and how they should feel nothing but shame and embarrassment every time they look in the mirror. This place makes KBC look like a dilapidated rec rink in the middle of Bumblefudge.

On 11/19/2021 at 12:15 AM, Norcal said:

5'7" Alex DeBrincat

I will never not be mad about the Sabres passing on this kid.

On 11/19/2021 at 12:17 AM, Norcal said:

Yeah, well ***** Sidney Crosby with a sandpaper-covered baseball bat.

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Calgary pretty much dominated Boston same way they did us so that was kind of nice to see. Sutter has them playing really good. So much for old school coaches being out to lunch and having no place in today's game. 

Sometimes, you need the right players for a coach just as you need the right coach for the players.  If you match these up just right, the whole can be much larger than the sum of its parts.

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Calgary pretty much dominated Boston same way they did us so that was kind of nice to see. Sutter has them playing really good. So much for old school coaches being out to lunch and having no place in today's game. 

And the Isles.

Isles announcers were proclaiming a 5-2 loss as one of their best games of the season.

I caught it late flipping around so might have been an EN or two idk?

34 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Only 7 teams below us now. I would say by January 1, they will be in the basement for good.

I imagine a team like the Islanders who are finally playing home games (started with like 13 straight games on the road) will get it together and pass us relatively quickly and never look back, but there are some putrid teams competing for last this year. Ottawa and Arizona might be in a league of their own. Seattle and Montreal are downright atrocious.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Hoss said:

I imagine a team like the Islanders who are finally playing home games (started with like 13 straight games on the road) will get it together and pass us relatively quickly and never look back, but there are some putrid teams competing for last this year. Ottawa and Arizona might be in a league of their own. Seattle and Montreal are downright atrocious.

Depending on how bad the Sabres goatending is over the last 3/4 of the season, I can see any of the teams below them, capable of passing them. 

14 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Depending on how bad the Sabres goatending is over the last 3/4 of the season, I can see any of the teams below them, capable of passing them. 

and apparently that is exactly KA's plan. Sad part is that any hope, life and fun this team has will be sucked right out of them losing game after game. Only difference is that when previous GM's tanked, it was clear and obvious. KA is trying to tank without being completely open and obvious about it. And people wonder why this team has such a poor mindset and accepts losing. The tradition continues...

3 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

and apparently that is exactly KA's plan. Sad part is that any hope, life and fun this team has will be sucked right out of them losing game after game. Only difference is that when previous GM's tanked, it was clear and obvious. KA is trying to tank without being completely open and obvious about it. And people wonder why this team has such a poor mindset and accepts losing. The tradition continues...

Or.....he's building the team the right way. Maybe he feels that by the time Levi is ready the kids in front of him will be seasoned enough to make a run. In the meantime, aquire high end talent through the draft with our abundance of 1st/2nd round picks the next two years as DG develops the kids. I'm fully on board. 

42 minutes ago, Hank said:

Or.....he's building the team the right way. Maybe he feels that by the time Levi is ready the kids in front of him will be seasoned enough to make a run. In the meantime, aquire high end talent through the draft with our abundance of 1st/2nd round picks the next two years as DG develops the kids. I'm fully on board. 

Fully on board?  What are you okay with for the next couple of years in terms of goaltenders?

• Like (+1) 1